|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Brenda Brathwaite - Blowing Everything Up

Default Brenda Brathwaite - Blowing Everything Up

December 23rd, 2009, 05:27
Long time CRPGers will recognise Brenda Brathwaite from many Sir-tech titles, including Wizardry 8, which is where this blog post starts. Ultimately, the entry is about her return to the industry - presumably for a developer of social games, if I understand correctly - but Wizardry fans might be interested. Serious spoilers apply if you still want to play Wiz8, including this opening quote.
You've been warned…
I was recently asked this question: “Why did you blow everything up at the end of Wizardry 8?” This is a game I worked on nearly 8 years ago now, and at the very end of the game, the whole universe – planets, people, long story lines, subquests, potential sequels and everything – turned in a giant cloud of cosmic particles. Granted, the player actually blew it up, but I didn’t leave them any choice. There were a variety of ways it could go, but baby, it was going. BabaBoom. When I came up with this ending for the game, I had no idea that it would also be the last game published by Sir-tech Software, nor did I have the slightest inkling there wouldn’t be a Wizardry 9.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 23rd, 2009, 05:27
Minor correction - it's spelled Brathwaite (no 'e' in the middle).

I keep trying to spell her name Braithwaite, due to some friends I know with that last name, and keep having to correct myself.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

December 23rd, 2009, 07:10
Bugger, I actually corrected that but it didn't take for some reason.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Brenda Brathwaite - Blowing Everything Up