|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » *spoilers ahead* High on Divinity 2 for 3 days straight. review.

Default *spoilers ahead* High on Divinity 2 for 3 days straight. review.

August 3rd, 2009, 02:51
Okay, so I go to Uni and it is at the begining of the semester and I know if I do not play this game outright right now (this is the first week of the semester and all lectures are pritty much just introductions on how to not plagurise) then I will not play it untill the end of semester (which is november 18).

With so many delicious RPG's slated for a release these comming months (Alpha Protocol, Dragon age OMG ) might as well give Divinity 2 a go before they all come knocking on mah door by the good express post delivery man.

(My background in RPG's is oldschool, I love epic storylines such as Baldur's gate 1/2/throne of bhaal. I love Planescape Torment and probably consider myself to be an rpg elitist (at odds with some people at times) where storyline/ voiceover/ human and warth or darkness of a game is the core experience and determinate on whether I either love it or find it to be a generic dribble.

Anyways onto the actual game itself. Even though I had everything turned onto max in the graphics department (and toiting x4 AA with adverage 30 FPS) the graphics for the game was okay. It wasn't spectacular for a game that you would expect comming out of an age where DX10 was supposedly the new DX9 but whatever. Also at some points I noticed they had no shadow points and it was weird to be standing near a light but not have shadow on your character (but only noticed that once).

As for the textures and scenery, from afar they looks pritty cool but upclose they look like my texture slot was on nothing (even though had it on max).

Anyways enough about the graphics because many of you aren't as hungry for graphics eye candy as I am probably and onto the storyline and gameplay.

I would have to say given if they had more time and money they could've made a much more epic game as some of the parts of the storyline felt abandoned.

Spoiler – Click Heavy Spoilers

Thank you for reading and sorry for the spelling errors I wrote it very quickly, I will answer any questions that come up.
Last edited by Corwin; August 3rd, 2009 at 08:50. Reason: Put in Spoiler Tags

gayboi

Traveler

August 3rd, 2009, 06:10
You weren't kidding about the "spoilers", I stopped reading about halfway through.

Next time just use the "spoiler tag" to cover up those parts so people can read the entire post.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 3rd, 2009, 08:51
Done that to avoid people accidentally reading too much!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

August 3rd, 2009, 10:02
Sorry about not putting the tag on the spoilers bits like you said. Will do next time.

gayboi

Traveler

August 3rd, 2009, 10:12
I am woundering if 2 or 3 days was enough to play through the game for you? after you are done do you have some interest to go back to play more/in a different way ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

August 3rd, 2009, 11:06
2 or 3 days is possible. Several reviews said you can finish the game in ca. 25 hours if you stay close to the main storyline.

It's also clear that many quests have multiple solutions. So there is replay value. FWIW, one of the GameStar reviewers wrote that she is through the game now 2.5 times and is having a lot of fun.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

August 3rd, 2009, 13:19
My eyes burned last night … I dropped out quickly like JDR13 … thanks Corwin!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 6th, 2009, 19:27
How you got out of eternal maze??

joks

Traveler

August 8th, 2009, 01:46
Gayboi, I see this is the first game in the series you've played… I highly recommend Divine Divinity (the 1st game).

That is all

Relayer

Keeper of the Watch

August 18th, 2009, 00:08
After two days of playing, I can definitely say that Divinity 2 is successful about carrying all the good and addictive parts of Divinity 1 to the 3d world. It's the worthy successor of Divine Divinity. If you are a fan of The Witcher, definitely give it a try. You won't disappointed. My only complaint about the game is the small fonts that make my eyes watered. Same problem with Sacred 2. It's so hard to see the dialogs in the laptop screen. At least give us an option to change the fonts dammit.

Gokyabgu

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2009, 04:06
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
If you are a fan of The Witcher, definitely give it a try.
That's the first time I've seen D2 draw a comparison to The Witcher. I was already planning on getting D2 anyways, but that makes me even more curious about it.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 19th, 2009, 10:00
Oh no! The first part under the spoiler tag wasn't so spoilerish, as you get told that first part in all of the pre-views and trailers anyway, so I had thought that was the main spoilerish part, but now I'm sorry that I carried on reading…

Warning: There are end spoilers at the bottom of that 'review' post. Do not read the last few paragraphs inside the spoiler tags if you had not played the game yet. I'm already regretting that I didn't avert my eyes fast enough…- I already saw much more there than I would have wanted to see…

I wonder if the OP wouldn't consider editing out the part that gives the ending away, as knowing all of that would really spoil the whole game for anybody who had not reached the end yet.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

August 19th, 2009, 11:18
I still don't understand why some people don't understand the concept of "spoiling other gamers" at all.

There is kind of an easter egg finding thread in the German-language :div2: forum section at Larian, which appears to contain no spoiler tags at all. The people just don't use them.

That's why I'm keeping away from it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Divinity Games » Divinity 2 » *spoilers ahead* High on Divinity 2 for 3 days straight. review.