Quantcast
BioWare closing all the game forums (but SWTOR) - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » BioWare closing all the game forums (but SWTOR)

Default BioWare closing all the game forums (but SWTOR)

Yesterday, 21:20
Read only on August 26 and destroyed by October. This is not a joke.
--
The reapers ceased being robot Cthulhu's when Star child nuked the plot from orbit ~ Steel on Neogaf

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Yesterday, 21:32
… I sense a huge shitstorm coming …
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 21:50
This, if not some bizarre joke, is insanely stupid. BSN, is the weirdest but also most enjoyable forum, out of all "official" ones out there.
People typically hang out there for the LOL's and the trolls, it really is one of a kind place.
Great job on pissing off player community even further, EA.

BoboTheMighty

Keeper of the Watch

Yesterday, 21:59
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
Steam

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Yesterday, 22:39
RIP Bioware, another nail in your coffin.

lostforever

SasqWatch

Yesterday, 22:41
Unbloodybelievable.

With so many great things so widely available, our developers today find themselves spending more time on other sites, and less time in our own forums. And to our fans and players who came to those boards looking to talk to us, it was a great disservice.
Yes, fans never understood why are they ego tripping on social networks instead of showing face on the official forum.
This is the answer?

I wish I noticed this first so I can add it in bullshit of the week thread.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 23:06
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
This, if not some bizarre joke, is insanely stupid. BSN, is the weirdest but also most enjoyable forum, out of all "official" ones out there.
People typically hang out there for the LOL's and the trolls, it really is one of a kind place.
Great job on pissing off player community even further, EA.
From what I've been reading a little everywhere online. EA/BioWare just decided to stop paying to moderate it and host it.

It is stupid though. Most of their "fans" don't read Facebook, Instagram or twitter. They got their info from the "Twitter threads" on the ME and DragonAge sub-forums mostly where the few who do reposted everything. That means lost sales in the long run.
--
The reapers ceased being robot Cthulhu's when Star child nuked the plot from orbit ~ Steel on Neogaf

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Yesterday, 23:33
This is a terrible decision by Bioware.
It's good to have a non-social media kinda place to gather fans, no?

Pongo

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Yesterday, 23:44
Pretty odd streak from them "recently"…founders and creator of their major IP leaving, Gaider along with several of their more prominent staff, Andromeda delayed, now this.
I know this happens a lot, but is it possible they're planning to shut down one of their studios?

BoboTheMighty

Keeper of the Watch

Yesterday, 23:51
What a bunch of stupid asshats they've become over there.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

kaos_war_monk

Sentinel

Today, 00:02
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Pretty odd streak from them "recently"…founders and creator of their major IP leaving, Gaider along with several of their more prominent staff, Andromeda delayed, now this.
I know this happens a lot, but is it possible they're planning to shut down one of their studios?
They lost barely any of their prominent staff actually, which is quite amazing considering the age and size of the company. Outside of Gaider, everyone else who publicized their departure in the last year was people who joined the company less than 4 years ago (Hudson left 2 years ago). Actually, BioWare has a rather amazing employee retention among their older staff.

They got 4 games currently in the work:
- SWTOR with a new expansion coming this fall
- Mass Effect: Andromeda (no way they are cancelling that)
- Dragon Age 4 (not officially announced, but Mark Darah basically said they were working on it)
- SecretIP (the stuff the Edmonton ME devs are working on)

I really doubt they are thinking of closing down anything. They were just tired of paying for moderating the BSN and devs didn't want to go there anymore because it was a cesspool.
--

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

Today, 00:10
Developers got addicted on social networks - that's why they stopped showing their faces on official forum.

The decision was made because for some reason Bioware wants to make fans keep their mouth shut. About what, we don't know, it didn't happen yet but we'll find out soon after the closure.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » BioWare closing all the game forums (but SWTOR)