|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

July 31st, 2012, 12:40
Just checked all of the guild ship amenities and found out that the Acid Shrine has only 4 days left.

My real life plans are currently so that I'll be going to Berlin next week, and that means that I won't be online that week.

I did The Chronoscope with my Cleric yesterday - and he barely survived. Unfortunately at least 1 member of that raid was level 20 so that I didn't get any xp at all. That's bad.
But at least I've got the Gem Of Many Facets, the "Sword Of Time" or how it is called, an a "Helmet Of Frost", or how it is called, part of the Abishai set which you can farm there.
The PUG was neither bad nor good. Intermediate, but not too efficient, but we did it nevertheless, although we were beaten hard. Most of the group really consisted of levels 6 (me) or 7 to 10 or 11. We were I think 12 people. I fear that the dungeon scaling came into effect because of at least 1 of us being level 20.

Now every one of my chars has that Gem.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 31st, 2012, 18:02
Leader should have posted level limit, and then enforced it on that one. I would be the scaling did mess up the hits and as you know, xp.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

July 31st, 2012, 21:26
Chronoscope is usually soloed by 1 or 2 high levels, with several others filling in. I've never seen an at-level run. I've soloed it on Mirys, when she was a l20 FvS.

However, my monk was able, at level, to fight through and get three soulstones solo against a large group of mobs.

Raids do not scale. They are balanced around 12 man groups. Running 1 or 11 is the same as 12.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

July 31st, 2012, 23:26
Well, I meant with "scaling" the differences between levels, but I'm not too familiar with this scaling effect anyway - so I assume that you are right.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 2nd, 2012, 12:31
Kind of "Q&A" regarding Artificer "pets" : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385339
Imho interesting read, if you always wanted to know more about them.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 2nd, 2012, 14:57
New Hotfix : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php…89#post4620289

Edit : The current state of bugs, posted on the 31st : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p…&postcount=829

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 2nd, 2012, 19:39
New stuff coming : http://www.ddo.com/us/gameinfo/2305

Including - finally ! - the "Monster Manual" …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 2nd, 2012, 23:16
Which has sausages, humans, spiders and rats, that's aboooooooout it

Happiness consists in realizing it is all a great strange dream.

jmurdock

Watchdog

August 3rd, 2012, 22:09
… Just in case you want to burn some money : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=250296

Edit : Info on the MM : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p…0&postcount=45
More info further down the thread.

Edit : "Compared to other MMOs, in what ways does DDO look and feel dated ?"
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385840

Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; August 3rd, 2012 at 22:58.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 4th, 2012, 14:51
About Knorr, the Gelatinous Cube : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688
(An older version of Firefox didn't display any picture there, but Opera did. So please change the browser if you don't see it.)

The Silver Legion Periodical #1 : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php…74#post4624174

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 4th, 2012, 23:31
New Free Item Of The Week :

August 3-9
Lesser Guild Renown Elixir
Use Coupon Code LGRE54
1/Account
I'll be away until next Friday from tomorrow mid-day on.

And I fear that next week I'll have to do too many things - so please don't count on me then.

Have fun.

Alrik

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 4th, 2012, 23:44
I'm actually a member of The Silver Legion on Cannith!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

August 6th, 2012, 21:31
Don't forget to do a skype update this week some time. It may not be the issue but that is the first thing their support team says can cause problems. And the main one they say.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

August 7th, 2012, 15:02
Quick reminder that I'll be out this week for visiting parental units.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

August 7th, 2012, 18:06
No excuse, where are your priorities man!

Cm

Sentinel of Light

August 7th, 2012, 18:40
If I'm not available to referee between my parents and my spouse, there might not be a roof over my head at the end of the session. You know those pictures that always hit the news after a tornado where's a foundation, rubble, and a lone piece of furniture that's somehow untouched? That'd be me at my computer desk, still waiting on Corwin to catch up to the rest of us.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

August 8th, 2012, 07:03
With Dte out, that means we're short of a healer. I suggest we switch over to the higher levels instead, unless Alrik is up for a session.

I got my day off Thursday.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

August 8th, 2012, 08:32
I think Alrik said he would be away as well. I'll be on dial-up this week, but either of my 18's should be fine depending on what others are running.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

August 8th, 2012, 10:05
I think CM is on the edge of 18 on Testy, and I still have Mureall the Monk to fill in since Mirys will most likely be 20 by then. I think it's either that or 21+ characters, since neither JM nor Peter have anyone in the 16 range available.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

August 9th, 2012, 17:44
2k from 18 and should have that by Friday if RL does not get in the way. Don't remember what Trevor has but thinking he has a 20 plus as well right?

Cm

Sentinel of Light

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread