|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

February 12th, 2013, 13:15
Some news : For tomorrow, Wednesday, a "scheduled maintenance" is due to happen. Source : http://www.ddo.com/launcher-news

Update 17 named "Return To Gianthold" has a preview page : http://www.ddo.com/update17

It says that there will be slight updates, too :

Explore the updated quests and wilderness area of Gianthold in heroic difficulty. Visual updates and a revised story will take you deeper into the myth and legend of Gianthold Tor
On the current DO Store sales : It goes until February, 15th, and it is advertised as :

20% off Challenge Packs, Challenge Tools, & All Classes!
February 8-15
The Free Item Of The Week is this :

February 8 - 15
Small Jewel of Fortune x1
Use Coupon Code SJOF01
1/Account
20 % off :

- Druid class
- Artificer Class
- Monk class
- Favoured Soul class

- Vaults Of The Artificers
- Eveningstar Challenge Pack

- Universal Challenge Tokens
- Challenge Tools

It also says that

- the MOTU price is reduced
- the +4 tomes are there until February 15th http://www.ddo.com/ddostorenew

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 12th, 2013, 18:02
Been missing your updates Alrik. I had grown lazy and depended on you to look it all up and keep me informed. So much easier to understand your summations then read all that stuff. lol

(Cm now proceeds to slap Corwin with a dead fish for his previous offenses.)

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

February 14th, 2013, 19:34
Servers down now until Friday morning. Should try to log in early incase it is a big download.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 15th, 2013, 18:16
Turbine are struggling with their maintenance update. Servers have now been down more than 30 hours (6 hours more than their last suggested downtime and 18 hours more than their initially planned downtime). Worst of all is that Turbine have no idea when the servers can be up again. All they say they have no ETA when people can start playing again. No news about what they're struggling with either.

All we know is that the maintenance update has nothing to do with game update. All Turbine servers (DDO, LOTRO etc.) are updated at the same time. It's supposed to add changes to their billing system.

All that remains now is that Turbine forgot to make a backup of their servers before attempting this update.

I think there is a risk we won't be able to play together this evening. Please post here if you see the servers online again so we can check here about the status and play the evening accordingly. I will check the online status every other hour or so.

Turbine never surprise me when it comes to their inability to deal with game updates in a professional way.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

February 15th, 2013, 18:22
Yeah, I tried to jump on 15 minutes ago (figured I'd get the update DL started). No dice, and the message on the loading screen pretty much says, "Sorry folks, we ain't got a clue." What concerns me is that, even if they manage to get things up and running before our session, if there's any kind of client update the servers will be swamped with update traffic and we'll have a lagtastic evening.

Update: 12:53 EST - no news, thank you for your patience

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!
Last edited by dteowner; February 15th, 2013 at 19:04.

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 15th, 2013, 18:53
While checking out the DDO forums, I noticed an avatar that I really liked:

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 15th, 2013, 20:41
Servers are still down.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

February 15th, 2013, 21:05
This server crap may end up messing us up. Depends how long and how much of a download it creates. Oh well, have to wait and see.

@ Dte…..I am torn as to who should be using that avatar.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 15th, 2013, 21:31
12:53 is still the last update. No servers, no news.

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 15th, 2013, 22:20
Just posted at 16:10:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4896274
We are working to resolve ongoing issues with our system maintenance. At this time we do not have a specific estimate for when the game servers will be available. Our goal is to make the games available as soon as possible. However we would like to advise players that the service may continue to be unavailable this evening. We will continue to provide updates as we have them.

As a thank you for your understanding and patience during this downtime, all Premium and VIP players who have logged into their account in the past 30 Days (as of 6:00AM Eastern time on 2/14/2013) will receive 250 Turbine points. In addition, all VIP players who have logged in during the same period will have their accounts credited 1 day of VIP time for each day of downtime, plus 1 additional day. All points and additional time will be granted automatically as soon as our regular service is restored and stable.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
I'm guessing we're toast for tonight.

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 15th, 2013, 22:30
Not looking good, anyone for GW2?

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

February 15th, 2013, 23:04
Not sounding good at all……….Do we want to just kill it if they are not up in an hour or should we do a skype chat at that time anyway? I figure if they are not running by then the downloads we have to do and whatever bugs we find on the ship or in game will be a poor start for the session. Took over an hour last time to get the ship buffs to reappear. Oh well, will check in here in a bit.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 15th, 2013, 23:12
Well, we're down to T-minus 2 hours and I have very little confidence they'll be up any time soon. Particularly given the hours Peter plays and the meal disruption to our Aussie friends, I'd lean toward punting for tonight so they can do their thing.

I've been meaning to restart Witcher1 yet again, and the wife and Wild Dogs have left the building for the next several hours. Maybe this is my sign from above.

The boss works tomorrow and Sunday night, so I should be available over the weekend if Turbine ever gets their manure centralized.

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 15th, 2013, 23:19
Unfortunately, I won't be available next week on friday, or any day following as I'm playing in my annual Bridge tournament. Hopefully I can get on sometime this weekend if the servers re-appear.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

February 15th, 2013, 23:30
Well I don't see much hope either unless it fixes right away. I will turn on skype and try a call so we can chat it out with the whole group I guess. I say call it so people can make other plans and/or sleep, eat whatever.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 16th, 2013, 14:24
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Not looking good, anyone for GW2?
For SWTOR, yes !
But I'm on an German-speaking server … I don't believe that it would make much sense for you to log in there.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 16th, 2013, 14:30
Turbine servers are still down and still no clue when they will be back online. Turbine have messed up big time this time.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

February 16th, 2013, 14:31
Now is the point where people suddenly realize that they have spare time !

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 16th, 2013, 15:45
Message was "updated" 15 minutes ago. They're back to the "change the time stamp" update technique.

We are working to resolve ongoing issues with our system maintenance. At this time we do not have a specific estimate for when the game servers will be available. Our goal is to make the games available as soon as possible. We will continue to provide updates as we have them.
I think it's clear at this point that not only did the new system not fire up properly but they managed to forget to make a roll-back copy of the old system. I'm thinking they're royally screwed because they're basically left with no billing info and no account status. That's, of course, wild and largely baseless supposition, but it fits the evidence. If they've screwed the pooch that badly on the financial aspects of the game, they certainly wouldn't want to "start the riot" by giving users the slightest hint of how bad it is. They'd have to go back to some previous "snapshot" of the billing database and then bring it up-to-date by entering every single transaction line by line. They'd only have bank records for people buying points, so if all this hypothetical scenario is real, all the folks that bought expensive items out of the DDO store (such as the ballyhoo'd return of +4 tomes) since the snapshot would end up getting them for free.

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 16th, 2013, 18:47
Servers seem to be back online now. DDO store is offline, though.

Paladin of Tyr
Last edited by Peter Stauffenberg; February 16th, 2013 at 19:08.

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread