|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

May 1st, 2013, 23:56
Thank you very much.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 2nd, 2013, 14:48
Be careful not to double click the roll button, it will take whatever astral shards you have and spend them on a roll without confirming you want to.

I did say this last Friday, but just a reminder I will be out of town this weekend.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

May 2nd, 2013, 16:58
Thank you for your tip.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 2nd, 2013, 18:03
So that puts us on alternate toons tomorrow. I'd like to hash this out before game time if possible. Available to run from my stable:

Botdu: arcane archer, just shy of lvl6, outlevelling content quickly but don't really care about that (wouldn't mind doing Necro1 since that's a pain to solo, needs Sharn chain)

Shadohe: monk, lvl13 (nearly finished with Desert, Lordsmarch1 complete, needs Cursed Crypt still)

RhoGu: arty, lvl16 (needs Bridge chain and just started Vale, GH complete)

Phuury: pale master, lvl24 (pretty much done with appropriate content, but no problems repeating stuff)

Technically, I'll have Klubbir available as a lvl1 bard by tomorrow, but it might screw things up for us to get a headstart on Korthos.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 2nd, 2013, 19:25
I would think if people only run the village quests with their TR toon on elite. Should put everyone at same level and save some grind time.

Have to decide if doing the wilderness sunny or snowy side. Just stay in korthos til we decide. See no rush on that part right now.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

May 2nd, 2013, 21:07
We'd get really fragmented by exercising the next TR group early. You'd get left behind, Reywind doesn't have a toon ready to TR, Corwin has Dhedkhat ready but I'm not sure he's got his TR heart yet… While it would be fairly easy for folks to solo the village quests and get "even", it just seems overly complicated. Besides, if we ran Korthos, what would we do for the other 3:45 of the 4 hour session?

In a more general sense, I could see us doing Korthos village individually when the time comes, but that doesn't really help us for tomorrow night which is why I didn't really consider Klubbir a viable option.

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 2nd, 2013, 22:23
If Reywind comes then I propose we help him get to level 20 so we everybody can TR.
All of us have toons above level 20 that can help Reywind get XP. He's level 19 at the moment. Doing e. g. house Cannith quests on elite can be fun or even Amrath quests on hard.

If Reywind is gone too then we could work on e. g. level 15 toons. My cleric still needs quite a few quests in Gianthold (level 13 walk ups first).

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

May 3rd, 2013, 00:28
From memory, I have 10,11, 17, 18, 20,21, 23 with the 18 being my regular friday Druid. The 20 is Dhedkhat who is ready to TR, but I planned to wait until everyone was ready in case he was needed to help out at the upper levels. Can't remember if Reywind is available this week.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 3rd, 2013, 01:51
Remember that Peter's TR is already 3 and likely well past Korthos. So the rest of us will be playing catch up when we TR. Besides which, I've not finalized my build.

If Reywind is in, I vote on working on getting Leywind to 20. Though I think Peter is pushing the envelope of running with a 19.

It was the night before Hogswatch

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

May 3rd, 2013, 02:01
My TR'ed fighter is barely into 3. He has done Misery's Peak and got to Stormreach harbor, but not done anything in the harbor yet. He's parked. I'm working on my artificer and monk.

Since my fighter is a third lifer he can always go back to Korthos to help out. He's level 3 so he won't break any BB.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

May 3rd, 2013, 02:04
I can easily use my level 18 fighter to help Reywind. Jo can use her level 18 monk too. We are both 3rd lifers while the rest of you are 2nd lifers so we need almost twice the XP you need to get to 20.

That means we need Dhedkat, Klubbir and Susie. So nobody will push the envelope more than others.

Main problem will be that Susie will be the one doing the heals. I can stock up on silver flame pots and if you do the same we can use that as emergency heals.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

May 3rd, 2013, 02:11
Actually, I'm the problem child, it appears. I've got Wouldii at 18 and Phuury at 24. Wouldii would get way ahead of the Friday group and Phuury would cost him a 25% powerlevel penalty.

I agree that it's best for Reywind to cap. If I need to solo with one of my other toons for this session, I'm OK with that since it's best for the group.

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 3rd, 2013, 02:37
Just checked and Reywind will be playing tomorrow, but doesn't think it should take too long to get him up to level 20 with Leywind, so we could then switch to our 21-24's if we wanted to.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 3rd, 2013, 09:57
Why not play with Klubbir, Dte? If we have a choice I think you can play with Wouldii. I think we would benefit from having a cleric in the group. It doesn't matter if you get a slight head start on us. I guess you're not close to the level 20 wall yet.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

May 3rd, 2013, 17:41
Klubbir's TR'd as of last night. She hasn't even run the tutorial and probably won't for a while, but she's lvl1.

Wouldii's only a rank into 18, IIRC. I don't anticipate problems with hitting a ceiling and I can hold levels to stay with the group if I need to—it's more a case of an "automatic response" that I only run him with the TRv4.0 group. There's no real reason he can't run, I guess.

dteowner

Shoegazer

May 3rd, 2013, 18:53
Klubbir could team up with my new toon - however, I promised to some people in the German SWTOR forums to be online Friday evening/night, so that they can settle down on whether I'm an PvP whiner, looser or whatever …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 4th, 2013, 15:29
We have now all managed to get toons to level 20 to TR so we expect to TR these toons this weekend. That means the future Friday sessions can be on the low levels.

Azraelck: Mirys from bard into a druid
Dte: Klubbir from barbarian into a bard
Peter: Karlpeter from paladin into a fighter
Cm: Kerriakan from cleric into a cleric
Jm: Joyelle from rogue into a sorcerer
Reywind: Leywind from fighter into a fighter
Corwin: Dhedkat from artificer into an artificer

In addition we got a new guildie this weekend (Flerida). She has a level 3 cleric and level 3 ranger at the moment.

So it will be fun if you make a new toon too Alrik. Then you can have company in your runs.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

May 4th, 2013, 15:31
I have 2 other toons at low level
Level 6 monk and level 7 artificer. They can play with some toons who are made that outrun the TR group.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

May 4th, 2013, 15:34
I propose those of you who haven't TR'ed yet to do so and then start running through Korthos. My fighter will be available this weekend to help TR's getting through Korthos quests on elite if you want to keep an elite streak going when you arrive in Stormreach.

Only Mirys and Karlpeter are third lifers. The others are second lifers except Flerida's toons who are first lifers.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

May 4th, 2013, 16:55
Hi, just wanted to say that I will probably not be able to play much until the summer starts, and then it depends on if I manage to find a job or not
but I will try and pop in as much as I can

Taxen0

Watcher

Send a message via MSN to Taxen0 Send a message via Skype™ to Taxen0
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread