|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

January 9th, 2014, 19:07
I won't be late. I'll either be there or not. Sorry I can't be more definitive yet.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 10th, 2014, 10:27
What will be the plan B if Dte won't show up?

Should we then run the epics or do we have a catch-up area to do like Necro 4 slayers and rares?

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

January 10th, 2014, 11:43
If Dte is out, then we could start with a DA run for tokens and mats. After, we can see where people are on their epic-level characters, and maybe work on finishing the Eveningstar quests.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

January 10th, 2014, 20:39
I may as well call it and say I'm out for the night. Second shift guy called in,and I most likely won't be out of here until after 6pm. With the early stop there's no point in logging in.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

January 10th, 2014, 21:08
How about we do the epic level Gianthole flagging quests (Return to Madstone, etc. …)?

Aletys

U6P Team

January 10th, 2014, 21:28
Barring an unforeseen change, I'm out. That leaves you a full party of 6.

Is that a typo or a new area nickname, Aletys?

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 10th, 2014, 22:08
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Is that a typo or a new area nickname, Aletys?
I'm assuming you're referring to the characters at the end of my last message, in which case it's a typo.

Aletys

U6P Team

January 10th, 2014, 22:17
No, I'm referring to the new area, Gianthole.

Nice of DDO to finally name something after me.

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 10th, 2014, 22:53
lol … though I'm confused … I thought that was the name of the area … ???

Anyway, if we're going to be six, then doing the flagging quests for epic versions of Tor & Reaver's Fate would be viable.

Aletys

U6P Team

January 10th, 2014, 22:56
Officially, Gianthold. I think I like yours better.

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 10th, 2014, 23:03
There's our next contest; let's rename our favourite places in DDO!! Whoever comes up with the best new name wins.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

January 11th, 2014, 00:12
lol … I didn't even see the typo till you put it in correctly.

Contest … I like those!

Aletys

U6P Team

January 11th, 2014, 00:17
Well, we already have Anorexia, and Reavers Refuse, to join Gianthole. I suppose there's always Necrophilia.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

January 13th, 2014, 15:32
LOL Black Humour …

Turbine seems to have introduced a new thing : https://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-play…nd-application

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 13th, 2014, 20:38
Well the second shift cnc operator quit. So it is safe to say, I might be late Friday. Right now not looking like we're on Saturday, but that may change.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

January 13th, 2014, 23:39
Az, why don't you apply for this new Council; I'm sure you'd have LOTS of suggestions!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

January 14th, 2014, 02:53
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Az, why don't you apply for this new Council; I'm sure you'd have LOTS of suggestions!!
I would. Problem is, the whole thing is worthless. The LotRO PC is as useless as US Congress. Basically, it's there for Turbine to use as a scapegoat for their bad decisions.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

January 15th, 2014, 11:14
Some info about the issue one of Corwin's toons was hit with:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…rmanent!/page3

The condition debuff is called "burden of guilt" and is caused by having worn an overlevel item. This situation was introduced by Turbine to punish players who cheated with House Cannith crafting getting high level items to a minimum level much lower than the real level.

In one of the updates they checked all toons for items and calculated the minimum level. If you were "caught" having an over level item worn you were flagged as a cheater and given the curse (burden of guilt). That curse means you move much slower than normal.

The problem with this effect is that Turbine have changed the minimum level on certain items in prior updates. Not to respond to cheating, but to rebalance items. If players (like Corwin) who have NOT cheated log in to a toon they haven't played for months then this toon will be flagged as a cheater too since Turbine can't distiguish the reason you are now wearing an over level item.

It's not enough to strip the toon of items to fix the overlevel situation. You need to talk to a GM to let him remove the effect on the toon. This is considered a permanent curse on that toon until you LR or TR.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

January 15th, 2014, 11:19
This just proves that it's very risky to take advantage of game exploits and cheats.

I've resisted the temptation to e. g. learn how to use epic destiny twists at level 1+ after a TR, how to craft very powerful house Cannith items with a ridiculously low minimum level requirement, item duplication bug to generate many items of the same type and so on.

In the end Turbine will find a method to punish people who have cheated. The problem is that they shoot with a shotgun instead of a sniper rifle and hit many innocent victims too. If you do anything that can look like cheating then you could get punished hard. E. g. buying items at the auction house too cheap can be flagged as cheating. With the item duplication bug people sold large devil scales for like 10 devil scales for 100k plat or 100 devil scales for 50 shards. You might not know that these items are created from cheating and buy them. If you do then you're also flagged as a cheater. It's like buying stolen goods. If the deal is too good to be true then it usually is.

Paladin of Tyr
Last edited by Peter Stauffenberg; January 15th, 2014 at 11:35.

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

January 15th, 2014, 11:21
Corwin has just been very unlucky since he is a casual player who has toons being inactive for months. Maybe he logged in on some toons just to claim the Turbine raid box gift. Then he had old items with a different minimum level than now. So he gets flagged as a cheater and the toon permanently cursed.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread