|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

July 3rd, 2014, 11:51
The plan is absolute chaos, as usual.

I guess it's best to wait and see if anyone else will drop first.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

July 5th, 2014, 15:49
Well, it was probably a good thing y'all weren't expecting me. My good friends at Frontier lost service to all of Ohio and Indiana…again…last night.

Right in the middle of a Wheloon2 run about 3:30pm (sorry, ladies) and it didn't come back until a little before midnight. What a joke. I got a flyer on the front door a couple days ago that fiber is finally coming. I shall begin counting the days.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 5th, 2014, 16:04
At least you're getting the option of Fiber. I need to contact my cell company, since they're starting to push out Fiber in select areas, see if I can't find out if they'll be pushing into my area as well. I may need to just move.

We ran some 21-23's, including Mr Pump. Pump is about 90k to level 22, and is starting to come together a bit gear-wise. Still not decent weapon.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 5th, 2014, 18:11
I've started tinkering with builds again.

I think I got Bot's TR planned out. Still might get a tweak or two since he just made level 18. Managed to squeeze in a chest blesser dragonmark without pooching his core function, I think. I'm kinda envisioning him as a Shroud farmer, so a chest blessing healbot should have no problem getting an invite. Of course, he's not flagged for the Shroud on this life yet, so perhaps such plans are just a tiny bit premature.

I started playing with a thief-acrobat build. Trip-master. Didn't really have a toon anywhere near TR that had any synergy, so I did a first-lifer plan. Thought about making that my horc just cuz, but the stat penalties were just a little too painful. After several years of playing, I've grown to where I'm fine with running a non-optimized toon that suits my whim, but I haven't quite gotten to the point where I can stand a gimp.

I'm getting a bit of an itch to bring Shadohe around. I really should top out her GM of Flowers destiny first, but I just don't have the desire to run her these days. Unfortunately, that would leave me with no epic toon outside of my Friday toon, which could prove problematic when we try to put together an off-the-cuff group. For now, I guess she sits.

Gave a little thought to trying an iconic. Discarded that thought.

Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 5th, 2014, 18:48
I'm debating Fireflash or Mureall. Fireflash is short one Supreme Shard of being able to craft a dual-shard, but I lack a decent THF build -at all- to run with. Mureall has shards, and I have a Dragonmarked Elf build which would be more survivable by far. The problem there is that leaves me with no higher-level Epic character, or easy Shroud farmer.

Aneira is on tap, but has no shards or other TR gear, so I may not TR her at all for awhile.

One thing about the Iconics is that you can mostly test a build out with them; you start well into the heroic levels. Other than the mandatory wasted level, which may or may not affect your build.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 7th, 2014, 18:15
I've been given notice that we're working Saturday, so I'm [planning a short session.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 8th, 2014, 01:42
I'll be available but may get the odd interruption from work but most likely not, and I believe Corwin is out again this week.

Reywind

Spectre

Send a message via Skype™ to Reywind

July 8th, 2014, 03:01
Yes, unfortunately I'm out again as I'll be driving on my way home (takes 4 days). Then I should be available for quite awhile as we're not planning anymore long trips this year!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

July 8th, 2014, 15:11
If I don't get a new graphics card I could log in but will be basically piking. So good thing I am not playing the healer.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

July 9th, 2014, 04:01
Graphics are for the old, or the weak!! Just follow the sound of Dte's voice and you'll be fine!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

July 10th, 2014, 02:02
Fine advice, unless she gets put in the other group when we split. Then she'd be left with the voices in her head.

So then, Corwin's out, CM's possibly a spectator, and Az is short-timing. A bit of a pickle. Summers are always like this, though. What does that put us on the 7's…minus an arcane and a trap monkey?

Seems like we've got a few choices:
1) farming with the 22s- We could Devil Assault and Shroud without really affecting anyone. Corwin wouldn't complain about missing those quests. That wouldn't work well if CM is still struggling with her video card.
2) capping- some of us have toons in that 18/19 window that we could work toward cap. Don't know if everyone has toons in the level range, though.
3) epics- we can always slap together some sort of epic run. I could grit my teeth and get Shadohe's destiny topped out.

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 10th, 2014, 15:29
Cm already has voices in the head from running Crystal Cove too many times being responsible for protecting the center. Don't tell her "incoming" or you will never be healed again.

My toons are at the following levels at the moment:
Clerics: 7 and 13
Fighters: 22 and 24 (soon 25)
Monk: 24
Artificer: 27 (working to ETR again)

So I don't have any toons to help capping people with. Well, unless we did something like the Amrath quests and I could bring my level 22

We could for example finish off the epic 3-barrel cove quest chain we started on. I think I was on my artificer. If some of us havent done any in the chain we could start from the beginning. A lot of nice loot in there.

Working on the level 13's could be an option too. My cleric needs the flagging quests in the desert (offering of blood then chains of flame and wizking). He is flagged for cursed crypt so he could run that with you so you canupgrade your silver flame trinket. Then you don't have to worry about the 4 necro 3 flagging quests. After that he is scheduled for Lordsmarch 1.

If Azraelck is only there for a short time then we could take mrpump into the underdark to get him to Sschindylryn. I could use my level 22 fighter.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

July 10th, 2014, 16:04
I'm good with a shroud and da run. Fireflash needs a Supreme shard, maybe som more depending on how much I want to make for a TR.

Pump got to Shin the other day with JM and CM.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 10th, 2014, 23:51
I hadn't thought of the 13's. I don't know if everyone's got someone in that range. Will try to check later.

edit- the entire group appears to have a toon either at 12 or 13. That could be an option, I suppose.

Last edited by dteowner; July 11th, 2014 at 04:13.

dteowner

Shoegazer

July 11th, 2014, 07:11
I do not have anyone in the 18-20 range, but I do have a 13, and can help with any of the others suggested. I have a 23 that needs to finish her PDK favor, but it's not urgent by any means. Doing more 3BC would be good … I think I have one who's not done with the series as well, though we might want to wait for the next patch when they're supposedly going to make the rune arm BTA, and put the missing Priest Torch in … or, we could just do it again at that point.

Basically, I'm flexible. Just let me know so I can have the right toon prepped. I need to empty a couple of them.

Aletys

U6P Team

July 11th, 2014, 16:02
I have Aerie at 12, so I'm good to go there as well.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 11th, 2014, 20:33
Well my issues with the pc are not video card related. Got new card, new power supply and spent 6 hours installing them just to find the same latency happening. I am open for suggestions. I updated chipset, "yes have onboard sound", bios, usb port drivers, you name it I updated it. I reset my ip address twice. So it is one of three components, the cpu, the onboard sound, or the whole mb. Right now I am regretting not just taking it to geeksquad and blowing 100 buck for diagnostics. Oh well. I can run tonight if you tell me where the stuff is and when it is dead.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

July 11th, 2014, 20:40
Disable sound and see if that clears it up. At least you can narrow it down.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

July 11th, 2014, 21:20
Disabled sound in device manager, no change to latency, still fluctuating between 50 and 60.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

July 11th, 2014, 22:26
Is latency of 50 to 60 bad? My latency is above 130 ms when playing on servers in USA.

What are the symptoms of your problem?

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread