|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

March 14th, 2011, 14:25
Actually, Wouldii's too high (lvl 14). Shadohe (lvl 11) is the toon to match up with your lowers.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 14th, 2011, 16:16
I know, this is the completely wrong place here , but I'll do it anyway : I just wanted to say that I'll have no internet access until I think friday.
Because I'm going on a small vacation, that's why.
It's nothing big, I'm solely going to look after my grandprent's house (in which no-one lives for several years now, because they are dead since several years).

So enjoy my absence from these forums !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 14th, 2011, 16:47
This is the completely wrong place here. Enjoy your vacation.

Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 14th, 2011, 17:10
Thanks.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 15th, 2011, 10:46
Corwin, you haven't logged on to any of your lower level characters in over a month. Makes it hard for Shadoe or anyone to run with you when you refuse to log in.

Dte, Meridia is probably the best place, since you get materials for crafting out of the rares there. I don't know how well you'll do, Mirys handled it easily at 14, but then she has a means to wipe out large, annoying groups quickly and can cast Heal. Gianthold is still xp, I'd at least flag for Tor and get the explorers + any rares you can pick up in the process. I'm planning on going there as soon as I hit 3000 gnolls and 1500 Scorrow, regardless of whether I have my Spectrals or not. I may cap out undead, since it's only about 800 more to go though, before hand.

If we can schedule it, we can run the GH quests duo with hirelings. None of them can be easily soloed save Madstone, but two should be able to pull it.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

March 15th, 2011, 16:03
I'll get all the explorers and most if not all of the rares in all the regions eventually, but I'm mostly asking about the availability of worthwhile loot farming. I mean, we even call it a "Bloodstone run". I'm just wondering if there's similar situations on the other maps. Go to Meridia and do "+17 Armor of Teh Awesum" runs over and over, or some such.

Wouldii's done some work in GH, but hasn't tried any of the flagging quests yet. We'll have to find time for a session or two.

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 15th, 2011, 16:24
I'm not aware of any other explorer area with named loot like Desert. Vale the loot goal is Greensteel, not named items.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 16th, 2011, 00:21
Hey, I have 6 other games I'm currently playing on my HD besides DDO; I don't have time to log on with lowbies and hope someone is there to run with at my convenient times. I prefer to pre-plan a session with someone and then arrive. I'm not a spontaneous person!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

March 16th, 2011, 22:59
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Hey, I have 6 other games I'm currently playing on my HD besides DDO; I don't have time to log on with lowbies and hope someone is there to run with at my convenient times. I prefer to pre-plan a session with someone and then arrive. I'm not a spontaneous person!!
It's called Skype. And if you can't log on to your characters, then stop complaining that you can't play your characters. Jo already bought a character slot just to run with you, and I've left my Sorc down at your level just to run with you.

Update 9 News:

More caster goodies, or maybe not. I'm not certain yet.

1: Enhancement Changes

Elemental enhancement lines have been split up. You no longer have a Force/Repair, a Fire/Cold, and an Acid/Electric line, but separate Force, Repair, Fire, Cold, Acid, and Electric lines. Cost have been dropped to 1 AP per tier. Divine casters remain with the old style, though they really don't have anything to split (most of their offensive spells of that nature are light damage, or unaffected by the smiting line as is. They only have a couple Alignment-based spells, which are rarely, if ever, used).

In all, this will have no effect. Costs for the same level of effect (two lines out at 40%) will remain 10AP, the real bonus will be for those who don't want or need certain lines. A Warforged can make good use of the Repair line by itself.

The lines are front-loaded, granting 20% then 5% per following tier, with the addition of extra tiers giving a completely maxed line more output, for more expense. I believe I saw 7 tiers, so it'd cap out at 50% for 2 more AP. Which is cheaper than if there was a 50% tier before. Critical chance and multiplier lines are also similarly affected, and are front-loaded as well.

Code:
Acid Manipulation I
Prereqs: Level 1 Sorcerer or Wizard
Cost: 1 AP
Benefit: Grants a 20% increase to the damage of your acid spells.

Acid Manipulation II
Prereqs: Level 3 Sorcerer or Wizard, Acid Manipulation I
Cost: 1 AP
Benefit: Grants an additional 5% increase to the damage of your acid spells, bringing the total increase to 25%.

There are seven tiers of each, going up to +50% damage in the element.

Storm Manipulation also affects sonic damage.
Note: Arcane casters currently have no way to boost Sonic damage through enhancements. Only Bards do. As they only have a few Sonic-based spells, I doubt this will matter.

2: Elemental Savants:

Savants gain +2 to effective spell level for any spell in their chosen field, while suffering -3 to the spell levels of the opposing field. They also increase the spell level beyond the normal cap. They gain bonuses in thematic skills, bonuses to saves, presumably stacking elemental resistance to the element's damage type, and can bypass the same amount of resistance on a foe. They also gain an appropriately themed SLA, like Archmages, which have a nominal cost, but can use free metamagics (Empower/Maximize, etc).

Code:
Sorcerer Earth Savant I
Prereqs: Level 6 Sorcerer, Acid Manipulation III, Corrosive Spellcasting I, Deadly Acid I, Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded II, and either Empower Spell or Maximize Spell.
Cost: 4 AP
Benefit: You have focused your training on elemental mastery over acid. You gain +2 caster levels when casting acid and earth spells and increase the maximum caster level of these spells by 1, but suffer -3 caster levels when casting air or electricity spells. You gain 5 points of acid resistance and bypass 5 points of acid resistance of opponents. You can cast the Acid Spray spell as a spell-like ability. You also gain a +2 bonus to saves against paralysis, poison, and sleep, and a +2 bonus to the Balance skill.

Inherent Acid Spray
    Benefit: You are able to cast Acid Spray as a spell-like ability. (Cost: 1 sp, 3 sec cooldown)
3: Spell Changes

Spell point revaluing has been confirmed, with some spells being altered to be more useful.

Lightning Bolt now has a chance for a fork, doing double damage, and costs 12sp. Acid Arrow get's enlarged for free, scales up to level 20, and costs 6sp. Stoneskin no longer has a cap, level 20 casters can get 200 point Stoneskins, while Earth Savants can push that up to 260 point Stoneskins.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 17th, 2011, 00:15
I think I like the improvements. Hey, my Skype is always on, simply message me if/when you're available and if I'm at my PC I'll reply. Sometimes I've messaged you to see if you're available and had no reply.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

March 20th, 2011, 17:18
Update 9 News:

1: changes to Auto-crit

Auto-crit situations will no longer give actual critical hits. Instead, mobs will take 50% more damage while helpless, and have their AC drop by 4. This damage increase is from spells as well as weapons.

2: Vorpal changes

Vorpals now have a hp limit, if a mob is over a certain threshold of hitpoints (1000), then it will not ever proc until the mob is below that threshold. However, it will do an extra 100 untyped damage on a vorpal hit.

3: Deathward

Deathward-type effects have been removed from nearly all non-bosses in the game. Caster-mobs can still cast it of course. This means Vorpals, as well as Destruction, Wail, etc… will now work in Epic mode, as well as certain high-end areas like Reaver's Refuge (think the Frost Giants being Deathwarded in Aussie's vally).

4: Savants

Code:
Sorcerer Air Savant III
Prereqs: Level 18 Sorcerer, Sorcerer Air Savant II, Storm Manipulation VII, Charged Spellcasting V, Deadly Shocks V, and either Sorcerer Improved Empowering II, Sorcerer Improved Maximizing II, or Greater Dragonmark of Storm
Cost: 2 AP
Benefit: You have completed your elemental mastery over lightning. You gain an additional +2 caster levels when casting air or electrical spells, increase the maximum caster level of these spells by an additional 1, but suffer an additional -3 caster level penalty to your acid or earth spells. Your electrical resistance grows to 15 points and you now bypass 15 points of electrical resistance of opponents. You can cast the Lightning Bolt spell as a spell-like ability. You are now immune to most knockdown effects (but not slippery surfaces), can leap through the air with incredible grace, and an additional +2 bonus to the Tumble skill.

Inherent Lightning Bolt
    Benefit: You are able to cast Lightning Bolt as a spell-like ability. (Cost: 6 sp, 6 sec cooldown)

Wind Dance
    Benefit: You leap through the air, propelled by a gust of wind. (Cost: 5 sp; Abundant Step effect, 6 sec cooldown)

Sorcerer Earth Savant III
Prereqs: Level 18 Sorcerer, Sorcerer Earth Savant II, Acid Manipulation VII, Corrosive Spellcasting V, Deadly Acid V, and either Sorcerer Improved Empowering II or Sorcerer Improved Maximizing II
Benefit: You have completed your elemental mastery over acid. You gain an additional +2 caster levels when casting acid and earth spells, increase the maximum caster level of these spells by an additional 1, but suffer an additional -3 caster level penalty to your air and electricity spells. Your acid resistance grows to 15 points and you now bypass 15 points of acid resistance of opponents. You can cast the Acid Blast spell as a spell-like ability. You also gain the ability to cause earthen hands to grab your opponent rendering them helpless and dealing bludgeoning damage, and an additional +2 bonus to the Balance skill.

Inherent Acid Blast
    Benefit: You are able to cast Acid Blast as a spell-like ability. (Cost: 6 sp, 6 sec cooldown)

Earthgrab
    Benefit: Earthen hands grasp your foe, rendering them helpless and dealing bludgeoning damage over time on a failed Reflex save (DC: 10 + Constution Modifier + Sorcerer Level). (Cost: 15 sp, 15 sec cooldown, 12 sec duration)

Sorcerer Fire Savant III
Prereqs: Level 18 Sorcerer, Sorcerer Fire Savant II, Flame Manipulation VII, Combustive Spellcasting V, Deadly Flame V, and either Sorcerer Improved Empowering II or Sorcerer Improved Maximizing II
Benefit: You have completed your elemental mastery over flame. You gain an additional +2 caster levels when casting fire spells, increase the maximum caster level of these spells by an additional 1, but suffer an additional -3 caster level penalty to your cold or water spells. Your fire resistance grows to 15 points and you now bypass 15 points of fire resistance of opponents. You can cast the Fireball spell as a spell-like ability. You gain the ability to raise the internal temperature of a living creature to a horrifying degree, and an additional +2 bonus to the Intimidate skill.

Inherent Fireball
    Benefit: You are able to cast Fireball as a spell-like ability. (Cost: 6 sp, 6 sec cooldown)

Heat Death
    Benefit: You raise the internal temperature of a living target to lethal levels. The target must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC: 10 + Constitution Modifier + Sorcerer Level) or take 2000 points of fire damage as its blood (or other internal fluid) boils in a horrific manner. Fire creatures are immune to this effect. (Cost: 50 sp, 60 sec cooldown)

Sorcerer Water Savant III
Prereqs: Level 18 Sorcerer, Sorcerer Water Savant II, Frost Manipulation VII, Glacial Spellcasting V, Deadly Ice V, and either Sorcerer Improved Empowering II or Sorcerer Improved Maximizing II
Benefit: You have completed your elemental mastery over ice. You gain an additional +2 caster levels when casting cold or water spells, increase the maximum caster level of these spells by an additional 1, but suffer an additional -3 caster level penalty to your fire spells. Your cold resistance grows to 15 points and you now bypass 15 points of cold resistance of opponents. You can cast the Frost Lance spell as a spell-like ability. You also gain the ability to attempt to lock an opponent in an Icy Prison, dealing cold damage and may freeze them in place, and an additional +2 bonus to the Swim skill.

Inherent Frost Lance
    Benefit: You are able to cast Frost Lance as a spell-like ability. (Cost: 6 sp, 6 sec cooldown)

Icy Prison
    Benefit: You deal 500 cold damage to your opponent, with a Fortitude save (DC: 10 + Constution Modifier + Sorcerer Level) for half damage, and an additional Reflex save or be encased in ice. Ice creatures are immune to this effect, and the target gets occasional saves to attempt to escape.. (Cost: 25 sp, 60 sec cooldown, 30 sec duration)
5: Spell changes

Spells with a HD cap have been altered as well.

Last edited by azraelck; March 20th, 2011 at 18:22.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 21st, 2011, 13:41
Social skills
Update 9 News: Social Skill Changes (Unconfirmed)

Code:
* Intimidate
o On success: now gives you the top persons threat + a buffer
o On use (pass or fail): + threat mod

* Bluff
o On success: now gives everyone 4 seconds of sneak attack (on sneak attackable mobs)
o On use: - threat mod

* Diplomacy:
o minus % threat (do not remember where it fits)

* The effects of the on use for bluff and diplomacy stack

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 22nd, 2011, 01:36
Update 9 News

1 Wall of Fire nerfed… hard.

Code:
5. Wall of fire ( up to 35 SP – targets now get a reflex save when they first enter the effect, but no saves against the flames if they remain in the wall. Now only does an additional 2d6 against undead instead of double. Duration is now locked to 30 seconds regardless of level. Can no longer be extended)
Adds 10sp and can no longer be extended. Significantly weakened vs Undead. It not has a reflex save when entering, though critters remaining in the fire will not get subsequent saves.

2: Fortification nerfed

Code:
As of U9 helpless need like stun will no longer cause auto crits instead a player will take Increased damage anywhere from 5 to 20% and monsters up to 50%
Currently a Player( as most players have post 12) with heavy fort take 0 extra damage from being Stunned or held since all those auto crits are converted to normal hits. Post U9 a stunned player or monster will take Increased damaging due to Fortification no longer migrating extra damage when stunned or held.
Will defiantly make being held or stunned a lot more dangerous especially to squishy classes
3: New spells?

Eladar's Electric Surge

Finger of Fire

Niac's Biting Cold

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 24th, 2011, 00:39
Ach!!!

So, I'm getting the itch to start a new toon. Primarily a solo-er, but not as exclusively so as Wouldii has been. Focus on some of the lower level areas (particularly outdoors) that always seemed to get skipped. This naturally leads to a series of questions and I'm rather conflicted about the decisions. Help me, oh wisdoms and sages!

First off, I've got 4 slots and they're full. I hate to kill off Botdu since the guild could still use a low level cleric and I probably owe the guild a large number of heals after all the sponging Phuury has done. But, I also hate to pay a decent pile of real money for that 5th slot if Botdu is going to continue to collect dust. The vast majority of the active guild is nowhere near level 6, and Bot simply isn't much fun to solo, so he sets and sets and sets. What to do?

Next up, what type of toon to build? I'm going to stick to melee-heavy—it's what I know and it's what I do. Finesse just ain't my strong point in this game… I haven't really played with the character generator yet, but I'm kinda focusing in on a couple choices. First is a favored soul like Mirys. Maybe even a war-forged, although I'm a little cheap to kick in for the race. Second is a two weapon fighter, much like Wouldii only with better HP and better armor. Maybe a half-orc if I was going to blow the bank. I suppose I could run a pally or some "splash" variant, as well, but I tend to be a purist with my character development. The FS would be better for solo, but I'm finding that cleric hirelings aren't so bad as to hamstring a fighter.

Opinions?

edit- well, 5 minutes with the character generator has crushed my dreams of a 2 weapon fighter. The DEX requirement is very high. Unless I dump strength and go with a dex-finesse build, I'm hosed.

Last edited by dteowner; March 24th, 2011 at 01:04.

dteowner

Shoegazer

March 24th, 2011, 10:43
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Ach!!!

So, I'm getting the itch to start a new toon. Primarily a solo-er, but not as exclusively so as Wouldii has been. Focus on some of the lower level areas (particularly outdoors) that always seemed to get skipped. This naturally leads to a series of questions and I'm rather conflicted about the decisions. Help me, oh wisdoms and sages!

First off, I've got 4 slots and they're full. I hate to kill off Botdu since the guild could still use a low level cleric and I probably owe the guild a large number of heals after all the sponging Phuury has done. But, I also hate to pay a decent pile of real money for that 5th slot if Botdu is going to continue to collect dust. The vast majority of the active guild is nowhere near level 6, and Bot simply isn't much fun to solo, so he sets and sets and sets. What to do?

Next up, what type of toon to build? I'm going to stick to melee-heavy—it's what I know and it's what I do. Finesse just ain't my strong point in this game… I haven't really played with the character generator yet, but I'm kinda focusing in on a couple choices. First is a favored soul like Mirys. Maybe even a war-forged, although I'm a little cheap to kick in for the race. Second is a two weapon fighter, much like Wouldii only with better HP and better armor. Maybe a half-orc if I was going to blow the bank. I suppose I could run a pally or some "splash" variant, as well, but I tend to be a purist with my character development. The FS would be better for solo, but I'm finding that cleric hirelings aren't so bad as to hamstring a fighter.

Opinions?

edit- well, 5 minutes with the character generator has crushed my dreams of a 2 weapon fighter. The DEX requirement is very high. Unless I dump strength and go with a dex-finesse build, I'm hosed.
You need 15 DEX for TWF/ITWF, and 17 DEX for GTWF. Most TWF builds I've seen are STR builds, not DEX-based finesse. That's 8 build points and a +2 store tome (or farm one out of a raid). That leaves 24 to split between STR and CON. Both of which also can benefit from a +2 tome.

A Melee FvS requires some grinding to get gear, they're saddled with 3/4 BAB, so need stuff to boost that to remain in combat. They are also slow at first, until they get level 12 and Blade Barrier. After that, leveling is basically dependent on how much you farm for gear. A week after I stopped farming, I got halfway to 17 just soloing GH stuff. And haven't even started the flagging quests. Or for that matter, had time to do much of anything. Warforged of any kind take a penalty to divine healing, so you've got to work around that as well, though once you get Heal, it doesn't matter.

You might try Monk. They get unarmored bonuses to AC, Wis mod to AC, run speed increase, and work very well with stunning fist and a lot of different strikes. They can also heal with Wholeness of Body, and a Light Monk can go further with Fists of Light, Healing Ki, and a Halfling can spend a few feats to get the healing Dragonmark as well.

Halflings get a size bonus to-hit, so that -2 STR effectively means only -1 damage compared to most other races. And the dex bonus means you only need 5 build points at minimum to qualify for TWF/ITW, and 8 for the entire chain. Though Monks benefit from a higher DEX, I'd go ahead and even it out. 16 DEX and a +2 Tome to start.

Once I have time, I'll try to fix up a Dragonmarked build, or Jo can take a shot, since she's more experienced with Monks. My old one managed to heal some pugs back in the day, just with Dragonmarks. And had, at the end, a standing AC of 42. I've even thought of having Turbine undelete the character, and using my better game experience and funds on other characters to give her a leg up.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 24th, 2011, 11:51
Dte, could I offer a simple suggestion. I have several toons on Cannith, as does Jo who are quite low level since I rarely play them, but it has allowed me to experiment with a few different builds without affecting my Khyber chars. Since you get 4 toons on every server and since you aren't currently planning using a new one for guild runs, why not create it on a different server. If you want someone to run with eventually, give either Jo or myself a hoy and we can join you on Cannith. Once I finish the 6 or so games I have on my HD I'd like to get back to playing DDO more often, but I will ALWAYS make time to play with a Guildie!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

March 24th, 2011, 16:31
Another decent option is Bard. An Axesinger Warchanter build can turn out strong dps, heal to a considerable extent (I've seen a raid solo healed by a bard), and is welcome in any party just due to their songs and buffs. Grab a greataxe and go. You'll also be trap capable. The build has 2 levels of fighter for martial weapons and extra feats, two of rogue for evasion and skills, rest bard.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 26th, 2011, 21:39
Code:
SPELL COST TO EFFECT RATIOS CHANGES:

For years now the cost of all spells have been strictly driven by this formula:

Base Spell cost = 5 SP + (spell level X 5).

IE: a level 1 spell is 10 sp, while a level 9 spell is 50 sp, and so forth.

While we got by with this, it didn’t exactly always make for the most diverse spell choices for those people who crunched the numbers to determine what to use. When you looked at the math, folks get very attached to certain spells, namely “wall of fire” for very logical reasons. This is a shame considering the art/dev resources devoted to the creation of so many other spells also floating in the system.

On another note, it has become a noticeable point that arcane casters are a rather difficult class to get into. The Classic 3.5 D&D concept of starting weak then gain cosmic power. While loyal to our roots we felt that perhaps the current learning curve is a bit too harsh, and we’re looking at making it an easier class role to enter for new players.

So we’re mixing things up! The spell pass was mostly focused on “damage” spells, but does extends into debuffs and other areas to a degree. We’re changing the costs and what spells do and we’ve changed far too much for me to cover it in just this post but I’m going to give you a list of examples to give you an idea of where we’re going…

Let’s take some main stream spells with a few “less popular” spells and see what you think….

Old way:

1. Burning Hands ( 10 SP)
2. Melf’s Acid Arrow ( 15 SP)
3. Scorching Ray ( 15 SP)
4. Lightning Bolt ( 20 SP)
5. Wall of fire ( 25 SP)
6. Delayed blast fire ball (40 sp)
7. Incendiary cloud: ( 45 SP)
8. Polar Ray (45 SP)

Now let’s change that too…

1. Burning Hands (down to 4 SP – other stats unchanged)

2. Melf’s Acid Arrow (down to 6 SP – Damage updated to 2d4 + 1 per caster level, duration locked to 12 seconds, now has double range, can no longer be enlarged or extended, ray targeting has been improved)

3. Scorching Ray (down to 6 SP – now has double range, can no longer be enlarged, ray targeting has been improved.)

4. Lightning Bolt (down to 12 SP – now has double range and 50% change to hit each target twice (back stroke!) – targets get an additional save against the back stroke). Can no longer be enlarged.

5. Wall of fire ( up to 35 SP – targets now get a reflex save for half when they first enter the effect, but no saves against the flames if they remain in the wall. Now only does an additional 2d6 against undead instead of double. Duration is now locked to 30 seconds regardless of level. Can no longer be extended)

6. Delayed blast fire ball: (25 SP/12 sp for trap version): trap cool down increased to 15 seconds, 10 seconds for sorcerers

7. Incendiary cloud (Cost remains 45 SP – Now does 2d4 + 1 per caster level in fire damage, no save. Duration locked to 30 seconds. Blind effect (previously no save) now has a reflex save. Can no longer be extended)

8. Polar Ray (Cost down to 15 SP, range doubled, can no longer be enlarged, ray targeting has been improved.)

So there is a lot going on here, and this is only a fraction of the changes going in to the spell pass. Essentially the cost of spells are being weighted now much more on their performance, method of engagement and the number of targets they effect rather than the old level-based formula.

• Low level spells that cap early (like burning hands) got discounted greatly.

• Drop and kite AOE dots such as wall of fire are now being treated as a more expensive/powerful attack form as we feel they really should be compared to other damage spells.

• Instant AOE spells got discounted some, to make them more appealing compared to waiting on kiting monsters through aoe dots.

• Single target damage and bolts are getting much cheaper, single target dots are getting cheaper and getting their effectiveness boosted.

• “Trap” type spells got really cheap to hopefully make them with consideration given the prep time they take, but had their cool downs increased to make them not a strict replacement for other in combat AOEs.

WHAT ABOUT CC?

Yeah okie, we mucked around with CC a little, and it goes into debuffs some… Here are a few high lights.

• Largely CC costs remained the same

• HD/HP caps we’re removed from most effects (yeah, I guess I should talk about death effects now, but oh, sleep works now!)

• Many debuffs had their cost reduced, and some had carrier debuffs added to them that temporarily reduced will saves regardless if the target saved against the original debuff.

Examples:

Crushing Depair: Cost reduced to 20 SP, now applies a weakn will effect for 15 seconds regardless of saving throw from original effect (will -5).

Touch of Idocy: Cost reduced to 5 SP, Now also weaks foes will save for -5 for 15 seconds regardless of save.

The notion is saving many of our under used debuffs and allow casters to punch harder targets/hit more reliably and get longer effect out of effects with quick re-occurring saves. That’s is if their willing to use a spell slot, and the spell points.

Full details to come, moving on for now…

DEATH EFFECTS:

Chaaanngggeeee….

• Costs remained the same.

• We’re pulling the death wards off epic and many pieces of content that had death proof monsters. There have been adjustments to “vorpal” weapons and the like that made us more comfortable with this change. Eladrin posted on these elsewhere if you’re looking for the sneak preview of that…

• Death spells had their cool downs increased, just a little on single target spells, a bit on AOEs. Single target spells are typically on a 8 second cool down, 6 seconds for sorcerers while AOE death effects are typically 30/25 respectively.

• Death spell on save damage was increased, so a blue hexagon won’t be a total waste of spell points, yet there will be more agro. We realize this and currently approve. Attempting to death a monster is a hate-able offense.

• There are some old death spells that got a new look and now their back in town:

Circle of Death: Now effects all targets regardless of Hit dice; Has been updated as follows:

Rains dark energy into an area. Living Creatures are subject to a death effect; getting a reflex save and then a fortitute save to avoid death. Targets who succeed against the reflex save suffer no ill effect, but creatures who success against the fortitute save will still lose 1d4 energy levels.

Power word: Kill!

Upper hit point cap removed except in PVP. Kills, no save, but spell resistance applies.
    240 second cool down for wizards, 210 second cool down for sorcerors

SPELL POINT REGEN – Echoes of Power:

We’ll be introducing a limited form of spell point regen for players who have “magical training” (as in the feat). This is to avoid a true “out of gas” situation for our casters. The concept is that when a caster drops below a certain spell point threshold a spell point regen effect known as “echoes of power” applies itself until the caster reaches that threshold again. The goal is to allow low level players continue to cast level 1 spells at a diminished rate when their “out of gas” while high level players will be able to continue to use their PRE-s with the meta magics they normally require for high level play.

Currently in testing… these values are examples mind you…

• Echoes of power will appear when a player drops below 12 SP.
• Echoes of power will allow the player to regenerate at a rate of 4 SP every 6 seconds.
• Echoes of power will remove itself once a player reaches 12 SP or greater.

ETERNAL WANDS:

Not going to go into details here yet but eternals wands got a pass that increased their recharge regeneration rate and added desirable caster mutations.

Much more to come. That’s all for now folks, but be sure to participate in the Lamannia preview once it’s available to try out the changes!

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 27th, 2011, 01:41
Complete update 9 changes here!

Spoiler

Last edited by azraelck; March 27th, 2011 at 22:39.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

March 27th, 2011, 06:22
It's difficult to read in that format.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread