|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - New Screens

Default Diablo 3 - New Screens

January 31st, 2010, 21:30
Head to Blizzard for some new Diablo III screens.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 31st, 2010, 21:30
Thanks, I had missed these. I don't know how fun/boring the game play will be, but at least the lines look sharp, and the colors vivid.

Santos

Ass-hat

January 31st, 2010, 21:34
Nice. Is it just me or does it look a bit different here than in some of the older screens? The colors in particular seem more…I guess 'tasteful' is the word I'm looking for…not garish.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

January 31st, 2010, 23:38
Yep, they look quite nice. I have a long-standing distaste for Diablo, not sure if I'll try this …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2010, 00:55
I don't see much different from older screen shots. The slight touch of smooth watercolor painting style existed in old screens as well. Probably the different is due to the new ones are mostly taken in desert environment.

Remus

Antihero

February 1st, 2010, 06:38
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Yep, they look quite nice. I have a long-standing distaste for Diablo, not sure if I'll try this …
Yeah they look nice. I also have a long-standing distaste for Diablo. I think the reason is because they came across as shallow and unfinished. Seems to me D3 might change that. They sure have been working on it long enough. So I'm more optimistic about D3 than any of the previous.

Daroou

Sentinel

February 1st, 2010, 09:14
Doesn't do much for me. I enjoyed Diablo because it was somewhat different for back then, but Diablo 2 just didn't click with me at all. I don't play multiplayer in this genre, so they're going to have to show me that the single-player is more than just hack&slash to get my interest.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2010, 10:05
Looks like they have partially changed the fancy colours that caused so much controversy , good , i am looking forward for some hack and slash action (although i still fail to see how the genre qualifies as even remotely close to RPG).

Tragos

Otinanist

February 1st, 2010, 11:57
The Diablo's are definitely rpg games because however small, there are rpg elements employed. Some time back the dev's admitted they would like to see more involved dialogue…and there will be…but only a bit more, there should have been "tons" more involved "role playing" decision making dialogue in my view, as always Mr Hacken Slash will remain the dominant player.

Wulf

Inquisitor

February 1st, 2010, 14:48
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Doesn't do much for me. I enjoyed Diablo because it was somewhat different for back then, but Diablo 2 just didn't click with me at all. I don't play multiplayer in this genre, so they're going to have to show me that the single-player is more than just hack&slash to get my interest.
Completely agree - which is why I also find many new shooters, like Modern Warfare 1 & 2, terribly inadequate.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2010, 14:52
Hack and slash in cooperative mode is like making love with a partner, as opposed to just being alone in bed.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 2nd, 2010, 09:37
Ironically, I enjoyed Titan Quest (and expansion) more than Diablo 2 and actually finished TQ.. twice. I guess this is what happens when you are playing to see the next awesome level and boss fight over the crappy hack and slash gameplay..

ortucis

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - New Screens