|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results

Default RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results

February 11th, 2010, 14:51
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I get the happiness with age of decadances combat system, however, it is just a recycled fallout combat engine…
In what ways, other than both systems being turn-based and AP-based? Would you call Silent Storm combat system recycled Fallout combat as well? I suppose that all RTwP games are recycled BG combat engine.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to thank RPG Watch patrons for trying the demo and voting for AoD. Much appreciated.

VDweller

Watchdog

February 11th, 2010, 15:29
I get the happiness with age of decadances combat system, however, it is just a recycled fallout combat engine…I want to see the rest of the game to see really how much is there.
Of course Mass Effect 2 is just a recycled Gears of War … Fallout 3 is a Quake clone …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 11th, 2010, 21:37
Bizarre results….did you have to be registered to vote?
No there was no requirement to register.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 11th, 2010, 22:23
Voter fraud!!!!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 11th, 2010, 23:15
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Voter fraud!!!!
Dangling chads all over again …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 12th, 2010, 05:40
The three rpgs I am most anticipating in order are: Two Worlds 2, then Arcania, and Eschalon book 2.

I have no interest in Age of Decadence at all.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

February 12th, 2010, 05:53
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
The three rpgs I am most anticipating in order are: Two Worlds 2, then Arcania, and Eschalon book 2.

I have no interest in Age of Decadence at all.
Why is that? I can't say it's my cup of tea, but my reason is simple; I prefer to play mages or something equivalent in an rpg and AoD doesn't cater to my tastes. However, I still might end up getting it if the reviews impress me since I've enjoyed a few games that don't really have magic as a component such as the Fallouts!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

February 12th, 2010, 06:22
Well, I poked around the Age of Decadence site before when hearing about the game and it feels like an amateurish production. Don't get me wrong, its great that these independent rpgs are being made but this one just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe if I hear the game is a relative success and didn't have a ton of bugs when its released then I could become interested in their next production.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

February 12th, 2010, 07:18
Well, I poked around the Age of Decadence site before when hearing about the game and it feels like an amateurish production.
And you are a fan of Eschalon? o.o

<3

Konjad

Watch traitor from Codex

February 12th, 2010, 07:30
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
And you are a fan of Eschalon? o.o
I played the demo, but didn't buy the game mainly because the resolution didn't go high enough (it was limited to 800 x 600). This is being increased in book 2. The demo impressed me and felt like it was done by a professional.

Eschalon, although done by an independent developer, has a professional atmosphere to it. The developer just impresses me highly, both on his website and his interviews and interactions on his forum. In fact, if I was a rich dude, this is the kind of developer I would back with investment in his company. But as I said before, this was not the case with Age of Decadence when I checked out the website and forums.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

February 12th, 2010, 11:05
I played the demo, but didn't buy the game mainly because the resolution didn't go high enough (it was limited to 800 x 600). This is being increased in book 2. The demo impressed me and felt like it was done by a professional.

Eschalon, although done by an independent developer, has a professional atmosphere to it. The developer just impresses me highly, both on his website and his interviews and interactions on his forum. In fact, if I was a rich dude, this is the kind of developer I would back with investment in his company. But as I said before, this was not the case with Age of Decadence when I checked out the website and forums.
While they still owe the ultimate proof (actually releasing a good game) I would say (as someone who followed the game fairly closely) they have become more professional over the years. However AoD IS, in many ways, an enthusiast project - most or all of the makers have, afaik, day jobs and this is their first game project. And of course vince's (vault dweller on the codex) aggressive passion when talking about RPGs is legendary and may not seem professional compared to the softer tones used by other developers - but it also leads to very interesting discussions, every now and then

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

February 12th, 2010, 11:30
In the end, I'll play the game before making any kind of final judgment.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 12th, 2010, 11:35
Originally Posted by VDweller View Post
In what ways, other than both systems being turn-based and AP-based? Would you call Silent Storm combat system recycled Fallout combat as well? I suppose that all RTwP games are recycled BG combat engine.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to thank RPG Watch patrons for trying the demo and voting for AoD. Much appreciated.
Looking forward to its release.

Coldcall

Watcher

February 12th, 2010, 14:36
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
While they still owe the ultimate proof (actually releasing a good game) I would say (as someone who followed the game fairly closely) they have become more professional over the years.
I resent your accusations!

VDweller

Watchdog

February 12th, 2010, 15:00
Originally Posted by VDweller View Post
I resent your accusations!
You can always throw a tantrum and decide to keep the game all to yourself to remedy the situation

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

February 12th, 2010, 15:26
Getting anything approaching an actual game of CRPG complexity out the door, as an indie team, is reason enough to be impressed.

But I gotta look at the game itself in a bubble, if I'm to speak about its quality.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Most Anticipated for 2010 Results