|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Review @ GamersInfo

Default Divinity 2 - Review @ GamersInfo

February 11th, 2010, 20:42
GamersInfo has a review of Divinity II. No score as usual for this site but the article is positive, despite some issues:
There is something strange about Divinity II that I havenít been able to explain to myself. The game has a notable lack of polish in numerous areas. There are little things all over the place that could use tweaking or even radical changes. The dialogue and scripts for characters feels amateurish, the combat system doesnít really seem to work well at all and for a good portion of the game, I felt completely abandoned. Despite those things, there is something a little magical in Divinity II; the world and sense of discovery I had as I explored it were fantastic. The history of the dragons and lore of the world along with the very memorable plot twists combined to pull me in.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 11th, 2010, 20:42
"The dialogue and scripts for characters feels amateurish"

I completely disagree.

"the world and sense of discovery I had as I explored it were fantastic."

I completely agree.

Once I had discovered most of the world and learned that there weren't really any more populated areas after Broken Valley and Orubos Fjords I lost interest in the game. The plot was interesting enough but the dragon combat quickly turned from fun to tedious. I really enjoyed my time with the game however and was satisfied to end it there.

mbuddha

Watchdog

February 11th, 2010, 22:10
Ya, I stopped playing on the last floating fortress. Booooorrrriiinnng. I did really enjoy everthing up until there and may still go back and finish the game.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

February 11th, 2010, 22:56
I've just started playing this. Are there really only two areas, with subareas, in the whole game? If so, what in the hell took them so long to deliver this thing? It seems like Larian really missed the boat. I don't think anyone cares that much about the dragon aspect of the game. We want something very similar to Divinity but with a much better ending. This game took eons to reach retail, and from the looks of things, it'll probably be the last game in the series. I hope I'm wrong, but the little I've read gives me the impression of "meh". Walmart is already discounting this game and it hasn't been out in the States long at all.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Review @ GamersInfo