|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DA: The Awakening - Velanna Video

Default DA: The Awakening - Velanna Video

February 14th, 2010, 05:09
Great, another Bioware sequel that ignores previous romances. I'd like my characters not being James Bond for just once.
Last edited by Davion; February 14th, 2010 at 10:33.

Davion

Lawful Good

February 15th, 2010, 05:02
Originally Posted by Grandor Dragon View Post
I don't know what is the RPGWatch's policy regarding news and opinion, but I would prefer news posts like this to be more neutral. There were other examples in the past (I think also from you, Dhruin), where I ended up thinking the same.
God forbid anyone shows any personality or opinions

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2010, 17:01
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
You'll have to put up with it, I'm sorry…
Hear hear! It's your site, do what you want. I think RPGWatch's fanbase, and the donations to keep it going, shows we like your style.

Why do people come out of the woodwork to stand up for Bioware anyway? Do you think they're in danger of losing market share because of Dhruin's little jab?

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

February 15th, 2010, 20:14
Originally Posted by screeg View Post

Why do people come out of the woodwork to stand up for Bioware anyway? Do you think they're in danger of losing market share because of Dhruin's little jab?
No, I don't.

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

February 15th, 2010, 22:20
I've got no issue with feedback. Editorial commentary is a tricky thing, so it doesn't hurt to stop and think about it.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 16th, 2010, 00:10
Just so long as you're aware that many of us enjoy the current style, including the odd little witty jab. I understand it can be a difficult thing to balance.

I've noticed that in a few places people have been making things up abour Awakenings. One of the big falsehoods is that romances in Origins are not recognised in Awakenings. They absolutely are recognised, just not carried forward in the way they were in, say, ToB. If you married Alistair in Origins, you're still married in Awakenings.

Also, I'm not sure why some people are so upset about people being allowed to use their dead characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. Bioware basically said that it's a non-cannon option there for those players who care more about being able to import their characters than about continuity. If you choose not to do it, it doesn't affect you, why the anger?

Badesumofu

Sentinel

February 16th, 2010, 02:18
Personally I would have a rough time keeping it as 'straight' as these guys do if I was posting the volume of news they do. Heck, on one of the other sites I write for we are actively *discouraged* from posting too straight …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2010, 09:50
Nice , looks like "ultimate sacrifice" was nor that ultimate neither a sacrifice

Tragos

Otinanist

February 18th, 2010, 00:19
Originally Posted by Badesumofu View Post
Also, I'm not sure why some people are so upset about people being allowed to use their dead characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. Bioware basically said that it's a non-cannon option there for those players who care more about being able to import their characters than about continuity. If you choose not to do it, it doesn't affect you, why the anger?
The way I understood, if you died at the end of Origins you can't import decisions you've made and play the expansion as Warden from Orlais. Could be wrong, though..

I feel like I could… like I could… TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!

Malk

The Tentacle

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » DA: The Awakening - Velanna Video