|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Alpha Protocol - Video Preview @ Pixel Enemy

Default Alpha Protocol - Video Preview @ Pixel Enemy

February 15th, 2010, 23:13
A site called Pixel Enemy has a video preview of Alpha Protocol from the recent Sega event. Assistant Producer Matthew Hickman says the game will be out in "early Summer" and talks about the improved lighting, a "huge amount of polish", inventory screen improvements and then shows a short gameplay sequence.
Thanks to a poster on the Obsidian boards.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 15th, 2010, 23:13
The armour/weapons customisation looked about the coolest thing.

Other than that looks like a shooter :-)

Coldcall

Watcher

February 16th, 2010, 10:41
A polished Obsidian game. I refuse to believe that untill I've played through it myself. That being said - I honestly think this will be a great game. Very well written. I just don't think it will be a polished one.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 16th, 2010, 11:49
Looks a lot like a ME1 clone. Lets to hope that they manage to sort out the inventory!

Davion

Lawful Good

February 16th, 2010, 14:55
Originally Posted by Davion View Post
Looks a lot like a ME1 clone. Lets to hope that they manage to sort out the inventory!
I saw some rolling footage of the inventory on some vid of the executive producer at some games show in HK. It looks pretty logical and straight forward.

Its hard for an inventory system to be quite as poor as the one in ME1. Its as if non-one on that team had ever designed an inventory system before, which is of course ridiculous considering the resources at Bioware's disposal.

However i like my personal/squad inventories in games and feel they went completely off the rails with the non-inventory system in ME2.

Problem is Bioware totally misread the criticism of the ME1 inventory as people wanting practically no inventory at all.

Coldcall

Watcher

February 16th, 2010, 15:30
By "clone" do you mean visually, or gameplay? I don't doubt it's going to share certain similarities to ME due to using the same engine.

I don't think it's going to be anything like ME otherwise, I'll be disappointed if it is. I have the impression that the game is going to be heavy on stealth/undercover elements, and that there will be multiple ways to achieve your objectives. At least that's what the devs have implied.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2010, 22:07
sry I couldn't stand the long intro commercial + the pointless room scanning at the beginning + and the annoying embeded add animations at the botom of the vid…. not viewed.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 18th, 2010, 09:32
I get the distinct impression that Obsidian is done with this game and has been for some time. They've dumped it off on Sega - leaving them to clean up the mess. I suppose they'd have to, if they really intend to ship New Vegas this year. I won't be pre-ordering either game.

Umbragen

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Alpha Protocol - Video Preview @ Pixel Enemy