|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Tanzia - 3D Open World with OG RPG Gameplay

Default Tanzia - 3D Open World with OG RPG Gameplay

April 30th, 2015, 20:41
Tanzia just hit the top 100 on Steam Greenlight. Take a look and if you like Tanzia, please vote to get it on Steam!

Become the greatest shaman to ever lob a fireball. Retrace the steps of your Akazi ancestors to prevent your homeland of Tanzia from being overrun by an ancient evil. Your elders will guide you, but it is up to you to master your skills and live up to your family’s legacy.

An old-style RPG made with modern tech and set in a unique world, Tanzia combines elements of your favorite classic RPGs in an open 3D world full of magic and monsters.

More info on www.playtanzia.com
Updates on twitter.

rolfewiz

Traveler

April 30th, 2015, 21:17
What does OG mean?
The pic on the site to me looks like Wizard101. Is that game of yours also MMO?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 30th, 2015, 21:26
OG means Old School

I've never heard of Wizard101 until just now. It looks cool though! Tanzia isn't an online game. It's single-player with a focus on the story and the mood.

rolfewiz

Traveler

May 1st, 2015, 15:55
I voted for this.

I'm keeping my eye on it. It looks like it could be really cool, so good luck with the project!

And joxer, to my knowledge, OG stands for "Original Gangsta". The term originated in U.S. hip-hop in the '80s and '90s. The term was later used in other situations outside of hip-hop to describe something being "original", "old-school", "pure and true", etc.

Hope that helps.

Fluent

A Dungeon Dragon
RPGWatch Team

+1:

May 1st, 2015, 16:00
What is the screenshot of? Is that what we're going to look like in the game? God, I hope not. I gots to look like a human; at least mostly.
--
'nut

crpgnut

Took an arrow to the knee
RPGWatch Donor

May 1st, 2015, 22:00
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
What is the screenshot of? Is that what we're going to look like in the game? God, I hope not. I gots to look like a human; at least mostly.
I can change a lot of things about the game, but the main character isn't one of them! The main character is of a race called the Akazi. He's a shaman in training looking to follow in the footsteps of his legendary Grandfather who disappeared decades ago.

The good news is that you'll still look human when you shut the game off!

rolfewiz

Traveler

May 1st, 2015, 22:01
Originally Posted by rolfewiz View Post
I can change a lot of things about the game, but the main character isn't one of them! The main character is of a race called the Akazi. He's a shaman in training looking to follow in the footsteps of his legendary Grandfather who disappeared decades ago.

The good news is that you'll still look human when you shut the game off!
Now that is debatable
--
'nut

crpgnut

Took an arrow to the knee
RPGWatch Donor

+1:

May 7th, 2015, 09:01
Tanzia was Greenlit on Steam today. Just wanted to say thanks for your support all. A special thanks to Gorath at RPGWatch for covering us on the front page news.

rolfewiz

Traveler

+1:

August 11th, 2015, 02:32
You have beautiful art direction. I've always like that kind of stylized look. And you made those characters yourself? The stone guardian looks very cool - grass and rock together is something i love

Protopop

Traveler

Tags
dragon quest, everquest, rpg, warcraft, zelda
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Tanzia - 3D Open World with OG RPG Gameplay