|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » 32mb playing oblivion

Default 32mb playing oblivion

February 19th, 2010, 18:37
Ok so im useing my laptop with the following specs:



And im able to run Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion GOY with almost no lagg i just want to know can this "hurrt" my computer any such as burn out my graphics card?
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#1

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 19:52
No, it wont burn it if u haven't overlock ur graphic card.

<3
Konjad is offline

Konjad

Konjad's Avatar
Watch traitor from Codex

#2

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 711

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 19:54
The only risk is that it can bore you to death.

(Yes I know there is an extra thread for that…)
bkrueger is offline

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

#3

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 795

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 19:59
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
No, it wont burn it if u haven't overlock ur graphic card.
(u mean overclock right?)

Oh ok its just that i thought it isnt posiable to run oblivion on such low video ram so i thought it could hurt my laptop that it was playing it now just if fraps will work i could make a video for it.
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#4

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:04
Originally Posted by Rawsarrow View Post
(u mean overclock right?)

Oh ok its just that i thought it isnt posiable to run oblivion on such low video ram so i thought it could hurt my laptop that it was playing it now just if fraps will work i could make a video for it.
Yes, I meant overclock. It won't hurt your computer in any way, you can play it without a fear. BTW do u have shared memory? Maybe you can set it to 64 or 128 in BIOS?

<3
Konjad is offline

Konjad

Konjad's Avatar
Watch traitor from Codex

#5

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 711

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:28
I thought that those Intel GPU's weren't supported. On the Elderscrolls site only ATI > x600 and Geforce >Fx are listed as supported chipsets.

I may of course be wrong. I've made mistakes before - I remember once in 1972….

pibbur

Guest

#6

Posts: n/a

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:31
Originally Posted by pibbur View Post
I thought that those Intel GPU's weren't supported. On the Elderscrolls site only ATI > x600 and Geforce >Fx are listed as supported chipsets.
same thats why im afraid sumthing is broken`
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#7

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:36
its a 4 set gpu for 32 X 4 = 128 mb video ram finaly i figured it out by re reading the thingy yay thx for the help
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#8

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:37
If you can actually play the game I don't think there's an issue,don't be surprised if it crashes though.
Kostas is offline

Kostas

Kostas's Avatar
Dormant Watcher

#9

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dear Green Place
Posts: 1,645

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:39
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
If you can actually play the game I don't think there's an issue,don't be surprised if it crashes though.
yea it does here and there in teh big cinamatics other than that its on avg 29-30 fps
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#10

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:46
30 FPS sounds quite good,that's more or less what I got when I had a 7600GT.
You might want to look for performance mods cause I remember some that made the game "lighter" and easier on weak hardware.Maybe the Unofficial patches will help you with those crashes.
I don't think Oblivion is worth all this fuss but anyway
Kostas is offline

Kostas

Kostas's Avatar
Dormant Watcher

#11

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dear Green Place
Posts: 1,645

Default 

February 19th, 2010, 23:55
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
30 FPS sounds quite good,that's more or less what I got when I had a 7600GT.
You might want to look for performance mods cause I remember some that made the game "lighter" and easier on weak hardware.Maybe the Unofficial patches will help you with those crashes.
I don't think Oblivion is worth all this fuss but anyway
well i got it on ps3 and xbox i just love the online mod if it worked right it would be awsome so i keep my hopes up
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#12

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

Default 

February 21st, 2010, 13:08
hmnmm it seams a bit laggy its smooth but its slow.
Rawsarrow is offline

Rawsarrow

Rawsarrow's Avatar
Born White, Died Unknown

#13

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Califorina
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » 32mb playing oblivion
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:39.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch