But what does Gaius Julius Mento have to do with it? He was a bureaucrat and never left Rome. I never heard of a Septimus Sulla emperor, either. And Tartarus? It belongs to the Greek Mythology and has nothing to do with either of them.

I'm sure Arthur must have fled when he saw the script, thinking he was on the wrong set. :LOL:

I'd be fine with a twist, but this is a little too burlesque for me. It feels like a lack of imagination. To each their own, though.
You were talking about A Knight's Tale in that post, which isn't with the legion...
The Roman one is more far-fetched, certainly.

You were talking about A Knight's Tale in that post, which isn't with the legion...
The Roman one is more far-fetched, certainly.
I was talking about Legion IX, and I opposed it to A Knight's Tale, which I might play.

I really don't mind about changing historical facts; for example, I loved Expditions: Rome. You can't avoid it if you give the player any freedom. What annoys me is the strange mix of all those things rather than a more immersive setting in a coherent theme. It feels too much as if they were trying to tick all the cool boxes.

I was talking about Legion IX, and I opposed it to A Knight's Tale, which I might play.

I really don't mind about changing historical facts; for example, I loved Expditions: Rome. You can't avoid it if you give the player any freedom. What annoys me is the strange mix of all those things rather than a more immersive setting in a coherent theme. It feels too much as if they were trying to tick all the cool boxes.
I misunderstood then :D
Sorry.

I get what you mean. My personal view is that it's a cool atmosphere and they're just putting units in a game. For all I care they can put Julius Caesar, Nero and Emperor Basileus in the same game :D

I just realised the game was only 13 poonds, so got it.

I'll probably play it alongside atom rpg when I have only an hour or so to play a mission.