oleksus

Watcher
Anyone playing\played this one?

I used to be a great fan of the first part, and now I've decided to give this one a whiff.
Overall - a very inventive game, with tons of items, skills and stuff.
And quite in the spirit of the first one.

My progress so far:
got into two (of the four) guilds, but now stuck in the Draracle chambers, where you have to jump (wtf!) over the lava pools.
argh, always hated platform jumping, but in an RPG! this is almost an insult.
(i kinda wish they stuck with Beholder-style step-by-step moving, like in the first part)

anyway, gotta go past this somehow.
Anyone got useful experience up the sleeve?

I think from memory that Jaz is our resident LoL expert. I loved the first, but didn't care for the second, so dropped out at that point!!

I played through the lava jumping I just do not remmember there being anything complicated about it. I liked the beginning but it just felt unfinished later no so I gave up.

I got past the lava jumping (somehow missed the button on the wall)

Glad you managed to do the jump - I don't remember having any difficulties there.

I loved LoL III, of course - for one thing because of the reminiscences to the first two games *and* the tie-in into the Command & Conquer series, then because I liked how they managed to bring unfinished business from LoL 1 to a satisfying end in part III :).
Oh right. Once the credits are rolling, do not, and I mean NOT, exit. At least not before the credits stopped rolling, because the game is not over at this point... not completely, anyway :).

Ok, dumped it.
True, it is way too 'actiony' for my liking.

Pah. Goodbye dumb world of 3D graphics and fancy arcade dumbness.

Avernum, Geneforge and Eschalon - HERE I COME baby! Comin' to git ya!
(plays Jimi Hendrix to celebrate the newfound freedom!)

LoL 2 is one of my favourite games of all-time, but I've always had a hard time finding 3. I heard it was only released in Germany or something. Do you guys knows where I could get it/Is it playable today with the disparity in graphics/functionality?

I was kind of hyped back then about it and I bought it when it was released. What a disappointment. I have never finished a single game in the series. Another lifelong project.

I loved Lands of Lore III too... It didn't quite have the scale of Lands of Lore II (though pretty much the same gameplay) but I greatly enjoyed it at the time. I loved the reference to the previouses épisodes as well... (exploring back the Draracle caves and finding out they had the exact same layout as in the original game was a blast). The various worlds were very enjoyable as well... It was very reminiscent of Ultima Underworld II.

I'm probably in the exception but personally I must say I enjoyed the Lands of Lore sequels much more than the original actually.

-Sergorn