@pibbuR had already shared that a few posts up.

From experience, it takes more time to develop, but it may pay off in stability and when expanding the software base.

Sometimes, you get very annoying road blocks, though. I recently met one when I needed an efficient tree structure to store, then update data bottom-up.

Levelling up is more arduous with Rust than other languages - maybe it's the Dark Souls of programming languages. ;)

Bergstrom said Google has a similar migration underway moving developers from Java to Kotlin and that the time it takes to retrain developers in both cases – Java to Kotlin and C++ to Rust – has been similar. That is, in two months about a third of devs feel they're as productive in their new language as their old one. And in about four months, half of developers say as much, based on anonymous internal surveys.
I find that hard to believe, though. Kotlin is much easier and flexible than the old Java, and going from Java to Kotlin is a breeze, but Rust requires you to think differently than C++. For example, you have to mind the borrow checker, and you don't have the OOP power, only a part of it (and different).

There is no way you can be productive in all aspects after 2 months. People who say that have only scratched the surface, or they stuck to similar tasks.

Last edited:
The Velato programming language:

Velato is a programming language, created by Daniel Temkin in 2009, which uses MIDI files as source code: the pattern of notes determines commands.

Here's Hello World:
HelloWorld.gif

pibbuR who sings Daisy, Daisy.....