06:33 Progression Systems
09:37 Gameplay & World
18:42 Combat
21:56 Steam Deck
23:15 Positives/Negatives
24:50 Conclusion
26:11 Wrap Up
More information.

I bought it an have been playing it (on normal). A bit of a mixed bag...The loot reminds me of Diablo (which I hate), and there is way to much of it. Bitty bits. Crafting layout and options are nice, but overwhelming (too many combos, basically). The world is nice to explore, and the story is fine. Combat is not so great. The combat implements 'line of sight' for all attacks- except it seems my characters are blind in most combat :eek: Doesn't matter how tall an enemy is (ogre, dragon etc) - so seems they are using a 2D line/ray over a grid (even worse, from line from centre of grid cell?). Since you can't position your characters before a fight - or launch a sneak attack - and formations are almost useless, you just have to hope that your 'squishies' are not walloped first (bad initiative). Then, in way to many cases, you are not well positioned so you have to waste an action point (you only have 2 per round) to move so you can see an enemy to attack. You also seem to be expected to swap out companions for different quests/encounters - I have tried to keep a core (me Wiz, ranger, priest and tank - only 4 characters allowed in party) but there are quit a few cases where this is clearly sub-optimal. The characters you leave in 'barracks' can be sent on quests to get XP but they level very slowly, so all are behind my core toons, and thus likely useless. But when combat does rise above the frustration it is quite fun. They really need to add more description of mechanics though - I am sure I am doing a lot of stuff badly as a consequence. Like AoO - sometimes they seem to happen other times not...why?