I Shall Remain - All News
Tuesday - December 02, 2014
I Shall Remain - November Update
The sixth major update of I Shall Remain is here with an even longer list of changes than listed below:
Note: Since a lot of logical changes have been made to Doctrines and Weapons, it is suggested to start a new game in order to have it working correctly (the game won't crash but the doctrines and weapons won't do what people were used to have them doing)
Key features in the I Shall Remain Sixth update.
- Ellis Island map extended and updated
- Two new maps are in (Holland Tunnel Subway and Alphabet City)
- Doctrines have been revamped and updated, 28 new doctrines have been added (128 in total now to shape your character)
- New doctrine effects (avoid explosives, max encumbrance, pierce armor, more scraps from weapon dismantling)
- Weapons have levels now, the level influencing their characteristics (damage, repair cost, most of the weapon effects, serum cost)
- We can now upgrade our weapons by spending scraps/serum (Enhance ammo, Increase rarity, Increase Level, Add random weapon bonus). This opens up new possibilities to upgrade and improve your weapons
- Weapon Enhancer loot items added (these represents an effect we can apply on a weapon, from range to damage or inflict weakness). This opens up endless possibilities to customize your weapons
- 10 new Infected mutations added (Regeneration, Burden, Drain, Osmosis, Enrage, Rejuvenation, Acute sense, Aura, Armor, Crowd), each with its own logic to improve the infected behavior and statistics. We have now 22 mutations the Infected can have in any combination)
- Added "Unique' rarity. 8 new Unique weapons created, all given as quick-events rewards. Some of them have special names :)
- Large texture overhaul. Recreated many textures and adjusted others. Generally higher resolution, new normal mapping and sharper details overall
- Main and secondary quests and content added and updated (new quests from Andrea, Thomas, Jim, Chain, Jay, Cathy)
- 12 new music pieces are in
- New teammate - CJ Hodges (Sibling and Commander abilities)
Wednesday - October 08, 2014
I Shall Remain - Impression @ RPS
Rock,Paper,Shotgun takes a look at the Early Access version of I Shall Remain.
Each Monday, Chris Livingston visits an early access game and reports back with stories about whatever he finds inside. This week, being a terrible apocalypse pal with top-down zombie ARPG I Shall Remain.
Friday - September 12, 2014
I Shall Remain - August Update Released
Scorpius Games updated I Shall Remain a few weeks back in-case anyone on site is still playing the game here is the information from the Steam forums.
I Shall Remain' third update comes a bit early this month, and brings a lot of new features, updates and adjustments. Starting with 2 new maps, three new graphical themes, teammate abilities and commands, five new infected mutations and tons of improvements and fixes. A lot of customer suggestions/detected issues found their way in this update as well. Thanks again everybody for your participation, bug detection and suggestions, everything makes a difference.
Wednesday - July 30, 2014
I Shall Remain - Hotfix 0.8.1.1 Released
Scorpius Games released a new hotfix patch for I Shall Remain on Steam.
I Shall Remain ver 0.8.1.1 Hot Fix
Halfway through the July release and another HotFix is here. There have been some silly issues with two of the newer quests we wanted to fix, some of the shadowing issues to remove, missing textures bug to squish, improve stability and add the auto-save feature. There's a long list of fixes and features below, some of each being suggested by the community. Thank you for your valuable feedback in the forums and by emails, everything makes a difference.
Tuesday - July 08, 2014
I Shall Remain - June Update Trailer
It has been two years since the last update for the Action and Survival Role-playing game I Shall Remain has been reported on our site. The developer Scorpius Games are now on Steam Early Access, and have released a new june update video.
I Shall Remain is an Action and Survival Role-playing game developed by Scorpius Games. Situated in an alternate history at the end of the Second World War, when Nazis managed to release a deadly virus over US territory, the game tells the story of two brothers and their intricate relation with the apocalyptic world rising in the leftovers of the Z0M81 Pandemic ravage. The presentation takes the form of an old movie recording where the player is invited to take the lead and discover the truth about the infection and the future of the human race.
I Shall Remain is a story driven game, uses a dynamic real-time Day/Night system to put everything in context, and a Weather system to enhance the mood and influence the way you play the game. Together with our Discussion/Dialog system and the way decisions are implemented define an important step towards being as realistically as possible.
Thursday - June 14, 2012
I Shall Remain - New Trailer
A new trailer has been released for the zombie action/RPG I Shall Remain showing off the current state of the game. Here's the accompanying blurb from Youtube:
New trailer for June 2012! Reveals many of the improvements the game has made since the prologue and hints about the game's story. It features voice work for the John Carney character by Michael Rosenblum and music "When Angels met Me" from the Atmostra soundtrack by Zdravko Djordjević and Johnathan Ochmann.
...and the video itself:
Monday - January 16, 2012
I Shall Remain - Free "Prologue" Released
I Shall Remain, the zombie RPG we've tracked for a bit, has released a free "prologue", which seems to be another term for demo/tutorial. The nearly 1Gb file is available from IndieDB and here's the press release:
I Shall Remain (ISR) PC Game has been released!
I Shall Remain is a top-down view zombie survival RPG that forces you to use teamwork and make leadership decisions in order to survive. Features include sandbox style maps to freely navigate, a complex RPG system with many different ways to complete the game and impressive graphics, storytelling and sound.
The game will be released in parts, each building on the previous release. This first release is the prologue to the game, and is a free download on Desura. The game is the debut game production of Jacob Way, who has been producing this game for over a year now during his off duty hours in the Marines.
For more information, please visit the game's Desura page at http://www.desura.com/games/i-shall-remain or its website at www.ishallremain.com
Thursday - December 22, 2011
RPGWatch Feature - How To Kickstart Your Creative Project
Jacob Way, the Producer of the Zombie Survival RPG, I Shall Remain, talks about how to kickstart a creative project using crowdfunding based on their recent experiences:
Kickstarter had a relatively high sucess rate that was very attractive. We believed it could one, help fund our game's development, and two help spread the message. Our game, I Shall Remain- just had a rough time on Kickstarter. At first it did great. In the first ten days we raised almost $1300.00 dollars for it. Then the pledges ended and never came back. Our Kickstarter page ultimately did not bring in enough money to reach our $12,000.00 goal. It wasn't all for nothing though. We learned a lot about marketing and we hope by sharing this knowledge we can help others be sucessful.
So, why did we end up with a flop?
Saturday - December 10, 2011
I Shall Remain - Assaulting The Hospital Video
Jacob Way has uploaded a new gameplay video for I Shall Remain. Enjoy:
Source: RPG Codex
Thursday - December 01, 2011
RPGWatch Feature: I Shall Remain Dev Diary - Prioritising Ideas
Jacob Way, Producer for I Shall Remain talks about several ideas that popped up during production of the game and the need to prioritise them in the light of development resources:
Some more ideas that were to be or not to be:
Drivable vehicles in the game demo → not to be due to time constraints. Though they will be there for players in the full game.
An incredibly complex single player story → we turned this down in favor of free roam with a series of 'story' missions. This in the end will free up man hours for the multi player platform.
Zombie virus travels in clouds, after zombies are killed the remaining virus particles lifts up into the air and flies away to an unknown location. → (shh!! ) This one's on the back burner. You might notice the zombie bodies disappearing into a black cloud in the demo. Now you will know what this is.
Wednesday - October 05, 2011
I Shall Remain - Zombie RPG in Production
Jake writes in to introduce his project I Shall Remain, an indie "zombie survival RPG" currently in production. No doubt the subject will instantly draw comparisons with Dead State but this is a more combat-oriented experience based in a freely explorable city. Looking at the screens (which look quite nice), there seems to be a fully developed stat and skill system, although Jake acknowledges combat is central.
Here's the feature list:
- A huge city to freely navigate. Hundreds of objects to interact with.
- Recruit, equip and maintain men and to fight with you.
- Use vehicles to navigate through the zombie crowds.
- A compelling story of a young Marine written by Jacob Way.
- Astounding visual art, sound effects and music.
- Designed by a team that is dedicated to the game's players and their ideas.
You'll find some videos and screens here and I'll embed one five minute video: