Monday - February 24, 2014
Space Rangers HD - New Update Available
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart has a new update on Steam that fixes some bugs in the game, and includes some new game content.
New update available with additional content
The freshly-released update contains 15 new additional missions spiced with pirate-flavored humor, improved drone fighters functionality and balance changes.
Build 2.1.1650 changes
- 15 new government missions that can be given to player on pirate planets;
- During the dialog with Tranclucators (drone fighters), you can issue a current order to all of them simultaneously;
- Warning message about necessity to install radar on a Tranclucator for proper use of missile weaponry weapons was added.
- Incorrect news order at information center right after starting new game was fixed;
- Rare, random crash caused by destruction of a base that has ships docked was fixed.
- Bases are now able to use missiles without radar and at full range;
- Minimal firing range for missiles without radar installed was doubled.
Saturday - January 18, 2014
Space Rangers HD - Review @ Cheat Masters
Cheat Masters has a review for Space Rangers HD, and awards the game with a 8/10.
This game does have a steep learning curve for those who are not used to this genre, but it’s easy enough once you understand the concept. Space Rangers HD is a faithful remake of the original game while being an improvement in design and performance, and also a good entry point into the world of space simulations.
Tuesday - October 22, 2013
Space Rangers HD - Review @ StrategyInformer
StrategyInformer reviews the HD release of Space Rangers awarding the game with a final score of 8/10.
It may not be much to look at, especially considering what’s just around the corner, but as a nostalgia trip and even just as a game, there’s plenty here for space adventurers. My only real problems with the game are the RTS segments mentioned above, and the fact that it’s hard to fly solo in this game. A dominator-held system is likely to have several battleships and a lot of smaller ships just sitting around waiting to blast anyone silly enough to enter the system, which means you have to wait for the AI to attack a system and then join. Even then though, if they decided to gang up on you it can be hard to tank that kind of onslaught in anything but the mightiest of ships, which takes a lot of grinding of missions and trading in order to afford. In fact, any kind of group encounter is hard until you’ve levelled your character up enough to control multiple ships, and you’ve gotten a better ship yourself. Still, they’ll be plenty of AI pirates who’ll try and go one-on-one with you that you can always whale on.
Information aboutSpace Rangers HD
Developer: Elemental Games
SP/MP: Single + MP
Play-time: 40-60 hours
Voice-acting: Partially voiced
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Released at 2013-10-18
· Publisher: 1C Company