Sunday - June 15, 2014
Harebrained Schemes - Hiring For New Game
Thanks to RPG Codex it seems Harebrained Schemes is hiring staff for another possible ShadowRun game. Here are the details.
Harebrained Schemes seeks a freelance game writer to work onsite in their Kirkland, WA studio contributing to the next HBS title. This writer will be responsible for conceiving of and executing upon well-written, engaging game dialog using Harebrained Schemes’ proprietary editor while collaborating with the Creative Director, Lead Writer and design team.
This freelance contract will begin immediately and run through the end of December, 2014 with the potential for work in the future. Candidates must deliver a short audition piece using the Shadowrun Editor to be considered for this position.
- 1-3 years professional writing experience in the game industry.
- At least one shipped digital game title.
- Outstanding talent for crafting dialog. Character conversations flow naturally with good diction and grammar.
- Deep understanding of RPG dialog design – dialog trees, variables, best practices.
- Technically proficient – able to quickly master in-house tools for creation of RPG conversations.
- Attention to detail – high accuracy with grammar, spelling and punctuation is critical.
- Able to match the style and tone of our previous Shadowrun campaign writing.
- Strong creative collaboration and communication skills – game writing takes iteration.
- High-energy, self-motivated, and flexible.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience with the Shadowrun Returns Editor or with the Aurora Game Editor.
- Working knowledge of the Shadowrun game setting a big plus.
- Prior experience writing in the style and tone of the Shadowrun world.
- Has played Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun: Dragonfall.
Are they making a new Shadowrun Returns campaign? It certainly looks like it! Plus, the stated length of the contract (through the end of December) should give us some idea of what its release date is going to be. Great news - just don't call it "DLC" this time, guys.
Information aboutHarebrained Schemes