Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Fallout 3 - Roundup #9
by Dhruin, 2008-10-30 21:01:26
We'll take another Fallout 3 review roundup soon but we've already posted a bunch, so for the moment, we'll go with other tidbits.
- Gamasutra takes a look at Fallout 3's critical reception, although they miss the opportunity to take a deep look at the press coverage and simply grab a handful of review quotes.
- At the Bethblog, Bethesda is explaining their use of Securom after previously claiming the DRM scheme would be minimal. It still is, they say:
- For Fallout 3’s copy protection on PC, we use the same security model as we did for Oblivion - a simple disc check. We only use SecuRom’s disc check functionality for copy protection. We do NOT limit the number of installs. We do NOT use online authentication or any other SecuROM functionality except for a disc check when you install the game and when you launch the game. We do not install any other programs and we don’t have anything that runs in the background while you’re playing the game.
- If you experience issues installing the game, try running setup.exe directly off the disc. That will resolve most compatibility issues.
- Get the latest information from our tech support forums, including this specific thread related to SecuROM.
- MTV compares the real Washington DC metrorail map to the layout in Fallout 3. Turns out they're rather different...but then, we knew that.
Information aboutFallout 3
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, PS3