Mount&Blade - Warband Video
More PR from Paradox, this time promoting a Warband video on Youtube (link is at the end of the PR):
E3 2009: New Mount&Blade: Warband gameplay video released!
Get an insight in to the multiplayer expansion to the critically acclaimed medieval combat game
E3, Los Angeles – June 4th 2009 – Paradox Interactive has today released a new gameplay video for the upcoming multiplayer expansion Mount&Blade: Warband. The expansion to the critically acclaimed Mount&Blade introduces a number of features that players have specifically requested and which will vastly improve the overall gameplay experience of this revolutionary title.
To watch the gameplay trailer for Mount & Blade: Warband, click here;
Key features revealed for the first time at E3:
• Overhauled graphics; HDR, FSAA, Depth of Field, Soft particles, Tone Mapping and many other effects are all now implemented.
• Majority of Models are being redone.
• Multiplayer battles can now handle up to 64 players with Mods including ‘Team Death Match’ and ‘Search & Destroy’.
• Ability to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals in the Single Player Campaign.
• Ability to upgrade your companions to vassalage by granting them land.
• Improved Mechanics for Soldier Morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low.
A summary of additional features previously revealed at GDC are Multiplayer for up to 32 players, improved strategic AI, improved graphics and optimization including customizable quick battles, extended diplomatic options and new weapons, armor and animations, a new faction with unique troops and equipment.
Other aspects introduced in Mount&Blade: Warband are improvements to the combat system with more physically accurate horse archery, a variation in horse sizes, and more options when embarking on sieges.
War has come down on Calradia. In a land torn by constant danger, raids and skirmishes, you will raise and lead your own war band, commanding dozens of hardened soldiers. Mount & Blade is a single-player, third or first-person action/role playing game featuring groundbreaking horseback combat, intuitive swordplay, and a free-form environment in which players can roam freely.
Read more about the game: http://www.taleworlds.com/
At E3 in Los Angeles development teams for Hearts of Iron III, East India Company and Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will be showcasing brand new features for their eagerly anticipated titles.
To watch a game presentation from a press event earlier this year, please click here;