Alpha Protocol - Preview Roundup
Here's a new Alpha Protocol E3 roundup from Obsidian:
- Maximum PC - E3 Impressions: Bond, Bourne, Both, or Neither? In Alpha Protocol, It’s Your Choice
- Aeropause Games - Alpha Protocol Preview
- GameVideos - 1UP @ E3 'Alpha Protocol' interview HD
- Giant Bomb - Inside the Alpha Protocol
- WorthPlaying - 3/X360/PC Preview - 'Alpha Protocol'
- GamingAngels - E3 2009: SEGA’s Alpha Protocol
...and a quote from Giant Bomb:
Obviously, there's more to Alpha Protocol than just hitting the talky talky buttons. Large stretches of the demo I saw looked like a third-person shooter with cover mechanics, with only a few hints of the dice rolls and role-playing elements that await you on the service record menu screen. You'll be able to trigger abilities in combat, such as Room Sweep, which makes you fire your shotgun twice as fast for a short period of time. You'll also gain experience that can be funneled into a number of different statistics, such as stealth or weapon-specific skills. Yes, even the shooting is governed by these systems--as you dump more points into a type of weapon, your accuracy with that style of weapon becomes better, and is illustrated by the size of the on-screen reticle. That'll probably be a tricky balance, considering how actiony a lot of the game looks. In games with a lot of shooting, I tend to get frustrated when I put the center of a reticle on someone's head and pull the trigger only to be rewarded with a miss.
Information aboutAlpha Protocol
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, PS3