Anonymous Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Morrowind - Diary, Day 7
by Dhruin, 2009-07-04 00:18:27
Powerhat is Alec Meer's latest scribbling on Morrowind:
Let me tell you about my hat.
- It is the first thing in I’ve paid for in this land, bar some skill training and a few lockpicks.
- It cost me 1500 gold pieces, which is more than most shopkeepers even carry. Easily obtained and replaced by a man of my stealthy means, frankly.
- It’s around a foot and a half tall, made of what appears to be brass, and masks my features entirely with a cold, machine-like visage. Yes, it does appear as though I’m wearing a giant, metal vegetable on my face, but I like the look.
- It’s of Dwemer (that’s Tamriel’s mysteriously-vanished race of dwarves) origin, which is why it so closely resembles the faces of the Dwemer Centurions, the clockwork guards I encountered yesterday.
- That it fits me, a lanky Dunmer, so very snugly suggests the widely-held belief that the Dwemer were short of stature is perhaps a myth. Dwarves = tall. Goddit?
- A purple haze of otherworldly magicks crackles across its surface. In other words, I shimmer, daaaaahling.
I can wear my Dark Brotherhood mouth-mask on top of it. This looks agreeably ridiculous, like an grumpy robot doctor.
Platform: PC, Xbox