Elemental: War of Magic - Day 0 Preview
But tomorrow (or later today as I write this) is the big one. The official day 0 update that the team and I have been working on since Beta 4 (the beta group can go into more detail on this but in brief: After beta 4, the game tree was split in two. One version went on to be the gold version which is what those people who have it early are playing. The other tree went on to become day 0. These two trees were merged today already and will be going up tomorrow.
So what can you expect?
Here’s a few highlights:
- The UI is updated to be somewhat more intuitive.
- The campaign is significantly updated (though only for those starting fresh).
- Resources are treated more like units. This is hard to explain but essentially the game will let you know of what resources you’re not using and how to make use of them.
- There’s a lot of performance improvements the day 0 build, particularly for those with lower end CPUs.
- The “day 0” AI is in it.
- There’s been a polish pass to the spell books and tactical battles.
- There’s been a general polish pass to the main game UI overall.
There’s been a lot of balancing to monsters, units, etc.
Information aboutElemental: War of Magic
SP/MP: Single + MP