Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced
Ossian Studios has announced their new project - an iPhone/iPad game titled The Shadow Sun. Here's the announcement at their site:
After working with Dungeons & Dragons and The Witcher over the past few years, Ossian Studios has turned its RPG talents to creating a new fantasy game and world of its own design. We are pleased to announce The Shadow Sun™: a dark heroic fantasy that brings together the high adventure of classic D&D, combat inspired by Fable, Zelda, and The Witcher, and the fear of otherworldly horrors of H.P. Lovecraft.
This is a world in which magic is wielded by only a few, where a cataclysm a millennium ago still fuels hostilities between the civilizations that remain, and where much of the lands beyond the fringes of human settlement remain a deadly unknown. It is also a world that has felt an alien touch upon its sun, shrouding it in ever-increasing shadow with consequences that are only now becoming horrifically apparent.
The Shadow Sun brings a full 3D, true Western-style RPG to the iPhone and iPod touch. Combining the excitement of dynamic, visceral combat with a gripping story, it will redefine role-playing on the platform. Stunning, finely detailed graphics and a captivating musical score couple to create an immersive experience to rival the best PC and console RPG titles.
- Enter a story full of complex characters, intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
- Explore the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it.
- Battle enemies using magical powers and dozens of weapons.
- Play as male or female with a character system that allows you to evolve your character’s abilities exactly how you want.
- Ally with one of several companions to adventure with and fight alongside.
Make your role-playing choices wisely through dialogue or action, and become either a hero or a villain.