Good Old Games - NWN Module and Model Contest
In the first contest you are tasked with creating a module titled, "The DRM Monster and The Treasure of GOG".
The second contest is a little more difficult. You need to create a model of the evil DRM monster.
The top five entries for the module contest will get five free games each.
The top entry for the model contest will earn the winner three free games.
You have until November 24th to submit your module or model.
Here are the guidelines and rules:
1. 3 Areas: an interior starter area, an exterior transition area and a final interior.
2. No custom content. You can only submit a module file (no haks), a character file (see #5) and screenshots (see #8).
3. Up to 3 friendly NPCs
4. No more than 10 hostile creatures
5. Include a premade character capable of surviving the module
6. No more than 5 conversations
7. 10-20 minutes playtime.
8. Include 2 to 5 screenshots
1. To keep things simple, the judges will review all entries from both GOG and the NWN communities and choose the 4 best modules from each community. From the chosen modules, judges will pick 4 winners while the 5th one will be chosen in a poll on the GOG forums and be awarded the title of "GOG community's favourite module".
2. The Contest ends on November 24th. That is four weeks folks, so get cracking.
3. There will not be a point scoring system that reflects the numerous elements of the module (i.e. plot, conversations, area design etc.). Instead judges will be instructed to choose the module whose overall presentation appeals to them the most.
4. The winning modules will be posted to the vault and become the property of the NWN community. There will also be a special mod spotlight on GOG.com which will highlight the winning modules.
DRM Monster Model Guidelines and Rules:
1. Submit a hak file that contains all the needed files for the monster to appear in the game.
2. The creature should have animations. It is acceptable to take an existing NWN creature and modify it. However, it should not substantially resemble the original creature. It should reflect the personality of this monster: it's DRM'ness
3. The Contest ends on November 24th. That is four weeks from now.
4. The judges will choose the entries that appeal to them the most. No point based system will be used.
5. The winning modules will be posted to the vault and become the property of the NWN community.