Mount&Blade - With Fire and Sword Gone Gold
Paradox sends word that Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword has gone Gold.
Prepare for a Return to Battle - Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword Has Gone Gold
New "Siege" trailer released
NEW YORK – April 26, 2011 - Renowned developer and publisher Paradox Interactive today announced that Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword has officially gone gold. The much anticipated title will be released on May 3, 2011. Become a mercenary or join one of five battling factions, to conquer, destroy or create empires. In this open sandbox world you choose your allies and enemies, what provinces to conquer, which castles to siege and what quests to embark on!
Check out the brand new "Siege" trailer for Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_02fFEh-9E
With Fire and Sword builds and expands upon the highly regarded combat system from Mount & Blade: Warband. Firearms and battle formations based off real-world military strategies have been introduced to the battlefield. Also, muskets and pistols can now be used as sidearms in hand-to-hand combat to quickly drop your foes. In addition to the enhanced single player mode, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword also provides a host of original multiplayer content including the new game mode: Captain, where up to 16 players can command a squad of solders.
Key new features include:
- Introduces firearms and grenades
- Multiple endings for high replay-ability
- Enhanced siege mechanics: storm the castle, blow up the wall, bribe an officer or poison the well/food to get past the defenses!
- 7 new multiplayer maps: Nomad Camp, Moscow Kremlin, Moscow Fortress, Novgorod Fortress, Swedish Castle, Teutonic Castle, Field by the River
- A setting based off the cult novel “With Fire and Sword” (1884) by Nobel- prize winner Henry Sienkiewicz
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword is now available to preorder at several digital download portals for $14.99 and will release at all digital platforms on May 3, 2011. The retail release will follow shortly thereafter.