D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter - Open Beta Launched
Atari sends word that D&D: Heroes of Neverwinter - the first Facebook D&D game - is now in open beta. Head here if you'd like to sign up and try it or here for the official forums. Here are some details on the game itself:
Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of Neverwinter brings the magic, lore, and adventure of Dungeons & Dragons to the Facebook in the most engaging RPG ever to hit the platform. Create your character, form your party and set forth to explore the wilderlands and dungeons of Faerun.
Character Creation & Advancement
· Character creation and growth are based on Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition rules – chose your race, class, powers and stats to build a character to fit your play style.
· Your character will grow and evolve through your adventures as you discover powerful items, select new powers, and improve your abilities.
· New equipment will be visually represented on the battlefield and on your character sheet to show off your custom appearance and gear.
· Bring your friends’ characters along as you build your adventuring party. You use their unique skills, they gain experience and loot!
· Friends can join in your adventures in Active Spectator mode. A friend can look in on your adventure, give advice in the chat channel, heal and buff your characters to improve your chances and gain additional experience!
· Visit your friends’ houses to view achievements and share gifts.
· A wide variety of monsters, traps, puzzles will face adventurers. Choose from normal, hard, or heroic difficulty to increase challenges and rewards.
· Each adventure will vary in size, from shorter linear challenges at to sprawling multi-room dungeons
· Over 50 unique adventures at launch packed with side quests, traps, and boss fights, with even more to come.
· Heroes of Neverwinter delivers deep yet accessible combat based on 4th Edition rules. Strategic use of positioning and status affecting abilities will devastate even the mightiest foes.
· Command up to 4 party members in turn based battles. Use at-will, daily, and encounter powers to win the day.
· A “point and click” interface allows new players to pick up and play, while experienced players devise advanced strategies.
Become the Dungeon Master
· Design adventures for friends and other players using the powerful dungeon creator toolset.
· Adventure to unlock new elements and enrich your dungeons.
· The most popular dungeons will earn gold for their creators.