Underworld - New Tactical Options
An update at the Classic Games Remade site discusses new tactical combat options for the upcoming Underworld Gold:
Underworld Gold has new combat rules that involve distance management, adding both realism and tactical depth. In previous versions only monsters were marked in or out of melee (a + indicated that they were in). Now the same goes for characters. This opened the door to a few extra tactical options.
- Any character can rush to the front.
- Characters in melee can choose to step back.
- Those behind the lines can choose to step in.
- Characters in melee can attempt to shove enemies out of melee.
- Party leader can order the party to press forward. This only uses up the leader’s turn and causes both monsters and characters to enter melee.
- Party leader can order the party to fall back. This only uses up the leader’s turn and causes both monsters and characters to leave melee.