Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Tidbits
by Dhruin, 2012-03-16 12:01:57
Here's a collection of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition tidbits gleaned from Trent Oster's twitter feed. I'll summarise, rather than linking and fully quoting each one:
- "There will be two games. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition #bgee=BG+TotSC, bg2ee=bg2+ToB"
- "new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members"
- "...Beamdog exclusive. As for other platforms, tune is same time next week"
- "We take mods seriously. (I led NWN after all) mods both current and future are important. More announcements to come"
- "We're using the 2nd Edition D&D rules"
- "Infinity Enhanced is based off the latest Throne of Bhall codebase"
- "We're 2D isometric all the way"
- "We're going to stay with the BG model of only voicing some of the content. We feel it allows for more in-depth writing."
- "we are trying hard not to break mods"
- In answer to comparing the look against BG + Widescreen mod: "it will be better. We've got the code to rework the UI and rendering"
Information aboutBaldur's Gate
SP/MP: Single + MP