Kickstarter - Paper Sorcerer
Myrkel on our forums posted about the Kickstarter campaign for Paper Sorcerer, and it's certainly a game some readers would enjoy. It's a first-person dungeon crawler inspired by the likes of Wizardry and offering a unique hand-drawn look. The campaign has already exceeded the measly $5k requested but I'm sure they could use more:
Paper Sorcerer is a first-person turn-based RPG with adventure game elements inspired by Wizardry, Dungeons and Dragons, and Shadowgate.
- Play as a renegade sorcerer as he struggles to escape the book prison and regain his powers.
- Escape a magical prison filled with heroes hunting you down at every turn.
- Strategy over grinding battles, with a charge based spell system.
- Create a party of summons to join you as allies in battle.
- Discover open-ended puzzles and solve them with a combinations of spells, items, and your wits.
- Hand-drawn high-resolution sprites inspired by the work of late eighteenth and early nineteenth century illustrators like Aubrey Beardsley and William Bradley.
- DRM-free for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, and possibly Xbox Live Indie Arcade and web-browser.
- All-inclusive game, promise to never make you pay for DLC content.