The Banner Saga - Progress Report
Stoic has kicked up a progress report on Kickstarter for The Banner Saga. Backers can head over for details on prize progress but, for everyone else, here's an excerpt on the actual development:
I'm glad to say that we're starting to cross this threshold and we're seeing everything come together quickly on our first release. Since the last update we've accomplished:
- Final art for every major combat UI
- Final art for every major gameplay UI including upgrading, matchmaking and team-building as well as the option menus, combat resolution screen and many miscellaneous functions.
- Final UI functionality for combat
- Gold standard combat environment
- Final, animating character portraits
- Final base combat particles
- Implemented the majority of the playable character animations
- All tooltips for every ability and action in combat
- The locomotion system that allows us to adjust the speed of an animation versus how fast they move across the screen to avoid the "sliding" effect common in 2D games
- We've also made progress toward multiplayer functionality
With these latest changes we'll be able to send our contractors a working client so they can begin implementing sound effects, music and creating quality assurance test plans. Within days we'll be able to start playtesting the combat with outside testers.
Information aboutThe Banner Saga
SP/MP: Single + MP