Kickstarter - Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
Kuki writes in, asking us to mention the Kickstarter for Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse. It's a classic adventure and well out of our mandate but I'm sure a number of readers will be interested. There's only 14 hours to go on their Kickstarter, which has almost doubled their original $400k goal, so you'll need to get moving:
Broken Sword is a point and click adventure game series starring unwilling hero George Stobbart, an intrepid American lawyer, and Nico Collard, a sassy French freelance journalist. Through the series George and Nico are unwittingly drawn into sinister and terrifying conspiracies, requiring them to uncover ancient mysteries and unravel myths across the globe. Nerve, cunning and guile are essential in order to conquer these compelling adventures.
The four games in the series have won or been nominated for many awards, including:
- 4 BAFTAs (Best Adventure, Best Story, Best PC Game, Best Design)
- Best European Adventure - European Game Awards
- Best Video Game Script - Writer's Guild of Great Britain
- Pocket Gamer Gold Award - Pocket Gamer Awards
- Excellence in Writing - Game Developers Choice Awards
The games are regularly awarded exceptional review scores: for example Broken Sword: Director's Cut (iPhone) currently has a Metacritic (average) score of 91%!