Kickstarter - Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall RPG
I didn't expect this one, I must say. Brenda Brathwaite (Wizardry) and Tom Hall (Anachronox) have launched a Kickstarter for "An Old-School RPG" with their company Loot Drop. The gameplay isn't clear (unless I missed it), although the combat is turn-based and the party has four characters.
Loot Drop includes John Romero, for what that's worth, who is Brenda's partner.
The Kickstarter is looking for $1M with 32 days to run, though at $1.9M they promise "TWO FULL games - one designed by Brenda Brathwaite and one designed by Tom Hall". Here's a partial feature snip:
- Characters: Create a group of up to 4 characters, choosing from multiple races and professions.
- Skills: Balance your characters' strengths, weaknesses and skills, knowing each of them affects play.
- Progression: Gain experience and gain levels to hone your characters to your exact liking.
- Recruitable Characters: Hire NPCs to work with you, if you trust them, or allow them to hire you to be their guide.
- Character Extensions (Stretch Goal): Wrestle with the old-school favorites from back in the paper days - alignment, age, rank and randomly-rolled temperament.
- Exploration: Explore a richly detailed world, home to unique, dangerous and sometimes crafty creatures who may be friend or foe.
- Treasure: Loot castles, caverns and dungeons and defeat hordes of creatures in a world where your skill and cunning are key.