Indiegogo - Sword of the Stars: The Pit, A Rogue Alike Game
We have gotten word that you can now pledge for Sword of the Stars: The Pit at Indiegogo. This should explain what type of game it is:
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted action RPG, in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games.
The game will include the following features on release:
- 3 Characters to choose from…Marine, Pilot and Engineer!
- Go up levels and improve your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
- Dozens of enemies drawn from the SotSverse!
- Over 30 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Randomized augmentation effects to make each game unique
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 60 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to the ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help and hinder the player
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course…MONSTERS.
The Pit is currently in Alpha phase, and slated for Beta release in November. The completed game will be available for download in the first quarter of 2013.