Kickstarter - Interstellar Marines
Zero Point Software writes in with their Kickstarter for Interstellar Marines: Prologue. The description is a "sci-fi FPS focused on tactical co-op, role-playing and nonlinear gameplay", so hopefully there's more to it than merely shooting. They are looking for $600k over the next 31 days:
Interstellar Marines: Prologue is a sci-fi FPS that offers a unique blend of tactical co-op, progressive role-playing, and nonlinear gameplay, featuring the intense backstory leading up to First Contact – the first game in our ambitious trilogy.
- Diverse Combat Training: The entire game is built with a variety of fulfilling training scenarios in single-player, co-op and multiplayer.
- First Person Simulation: We have a razor-sharp focus on creating an immersive First Person Simulator via distinct graphics, sound and gameplay – no more floating cameras!
- Tactical Co-Op: Prologue is designed from the ground up to support up to 4 players in co-op, with truly cooperative interaction.
- Progressive Role-Playing: As you train your soldier you gain XP that converts into upgradeable skills on your character, weapon and equipment.
- Customizable Arsenal: With the latest in near-future weapons and equipment at your disposal, you have the option to fully customize your arsenal on the fly.
- Rich and Believable AI: In Prologue, we aim to deliver a believable AI that makes every encounter exciting.
- Simulated Training Environments: Experience an atmospheric training facility built to artificially simulate every conceivable encounter. AI SARA controls the mission variables, making sure every battle is different!