Legends of Dawn - Kickstarter Launched
Remember Legends of Dawn, which we highlighted with a teaser trailer a couple of weeks ago? Dreamatrix has launched a Kickstarter campaign for this open world game, asking for $25k to finish the game off. The interesting thing is the game is almost done, so delivery is estimated at February 2013, only a couple of months away.
The game is described as "hardcore" and "isometric", although to my mind the style looks more like Two Worlds. Here's a snip:
Another quality that makes Legends of Dawn interesting is the freedom of direction and movement. Most games force a player to follow the main storyline and forbid any deviation, or significant veering off the set course. Legends of Dawn is more sympathetic to your playing needs. You are free to wander wherever tickles your fancy within the continent, without limitations, under one condition. Stay alive. We have been careful to ensure that the quests only suggest, rather than impose direction of movement. Your journey is in your hands.
The first thing to notice about LOD is that it has an old school style and feel to it, with some unique features which differentiate it from classic games of this generation.
This is not a game to appeal to casual gamers, it is a hardcore fantasy game with a large, diverse world filled with a lot of dangers, intrigue and mystery.
- Choose among 3 different races - Human, Elf and Danian and 2 genders - male or female
- Explore hundreds of unique locations (dungeons, forts, camps, cemeteries, docks, mountains, canyons, flying islands, swamps, temples, shrines etc.)
- Fight your way through more than 20 dungeons, caves, crypts, mausoleums and catacombs and rest in 3 cities - Human, Elven and Danian
- 150+ types of wild creatures and monsters that drop several loots so you stand a good chance of getting multiple valuable items
- Adaptable creature AI: depending whether it is day or night, creatures spawn and act differently. Weather conditions also influence a monster's behavior
- Players are free to move in this nonlinear world, in any direction they choose. As long as they have the necessary items or skills to survive in the field
- Combat and magic: A combination of Knight and Mage will work together without class restrictions and players have a wide choice of weapons or spells, they are able to use in combat
- Discover different ways to use and combine more than 35 combat, creature lore, crafting, gathering, resistance and devotion skills
- A complex crafting system with over 25.000 usable items, allows you to make everything from food, metal, wood, stone, leather to weapons and fashion armors
- Unlocking System with Runes: using specific runes players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game
- System of sacrifices: The 3 gods; Perun, Veles and Svarog each have their own shrines throughout the continent. Activating a shrine opens the sacrifice panel with options to sacrifice items and gain divine favours
- Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background.