Dead Island: Riptide - Video Preview
Madassgamers has a video preview of Dead Island: Riptide.
Key Gameplay Features:
”Dead Island Riptide brings back the explosive mix of open-world gameplay, co-op first-person action and RPG elements to fans worldwide.”
- Players can import their original Dead Island game character progression through to the sequel.
- Level limitations between co-op partners has been removed, with auto-balancing for enemy groups being implemented.
- Connecting to another player in co-op has been made simpler, where the game now automatically mentions if friends are logged in and nearby, letting them just jump into the player’s game.
- Disconnections are handled more gracefully, and when people drop out of a group, there is a simple notification before a player can continue to play as they were before.
- Players will not have to wait to get firearms until later in the game.
- Firearms can be obtained early in the game.
- Weapons will be more durable and last longer
- New mutated zombies, including the Grenadier zombie.
- Zombie spawning system has been altered and overhauled.
New Zombie Types Include:
Drowner - A type of zombie that appear as lifeless corpses, submerged in water, but spring to life when a human walks nearby. They have similar characteristics of Walkers due to their ability to grapple and sprint.
Grenadier - Zombies that throw grenades at the survivors, they can also rip cancerous growths from its legs and lower body and throw them at the survivors.
Wrestler - They are large, buff zombies that use their large fists to slam the survivors inflicting a lot of damage.
Ogre – Characteristics Unknown.
In Dead Island: Riptide there will be more zombies on screen at any one time and developers have said they have completely overhauled the zombie re spawning system. Zombies will still reappear as a player returns to areas that they had already cleared, but the game is going to try and handle this in a more intelligent & complex fashion. The game will take into account if the player is on a mission, how recently the players last passed through, the character’s condition and whether the player is playing in a group or solo.
Information aboutDead Island: Riptide
SP/MP: Single + MP
Platform: PC, Xbox 360, PS3