Anonymous Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
Obsidian Entertainment - Working on a Unique Next Generation Game
by Couchpotato, 2013-05-03 00:16:38
Obsidian is working on a new "Unique Next Generation Game". That is according to a job listing for a level design position. Speculate away in the comment section. According to the job listing these are the requirements.
- Level/Area design experience on at least one AAA title.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts that complement the experience.
- Proficient with a modern game editor such as Unreal 3, CryEngine3, Source or equivalent.
- Love of computer and console role-playing and action games.
- Excellent communication skills - you must be able to get up out of your chair and talk to your coworkers!
- Able to adhere to tight schedules and possess the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, level layout programs (SketchUp, Visio, etc.), bug tracking software, and source control software.
- Experience working on games with role playing elements.
- Proficient with 3ds max, Maya or XSI.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- A playable portfolio level built in a commercial 3D game engine.
- Communicate area design requirements with art and programming teams.
- Design 3D layouts and work with art and programming to create a unique and fun experience.
- Design game content - quests, NPCs, items, puzzles, et al.
- Maintain game design documentation.