Fable - Anniversary FAQ And PC Release?
There's a new FAQ on the Lionhead Studios forums for Fable Anniversary.
Q: Can you be more specific about what exactly is being updated?
A: It was important to us that Fable Anniversary isn't just a simple port, we want it to be up there with the best looking games available on Xbox 360. In order to achieve this vision, we have;
- An entirely new lighting system, powered by Unreal.
- All new models, textures and materials - leather now actually looks and feels like leather!
- All new particle fx, to make Fireballs hotter than ever!
- All new facial and cutscene animation technology to bring even more life to our story sequences!
- Widescreen support! A 4:3 TV is sooooo 2004, so you can enjoy Fable Anniversary with 16:9 beauty!
- Also, not forgetting sound! All our audio has been fully remastered for surround sound!
Q: When is Fable Anniversary launching?
A: Fable Anniversary will launch later this year.
Q: Will content from The Lost Chapters be included in Anniversary?
A: Absolutely - all of the content from The Lost Chapters will be included.
Q: Will there be new quests or content?
A: Our intention with Fable Anniversary was to re-capture the game that so many fell in love with and bring it up to date for a modern generation of console gamers. We think the story, quests and gameplay of the original game are what lead to it becoming a critically acclaimed title in 2004, and we've got no intention of changing or adding to that with Anniversary.
Also we get the tyipcal Microsoft answer from Lionhead about a PC release on Gamespot.
"We're not ruling out a PC version, however, nothing is in development at this time,"