Dark Souls II - New Details Emerge from SDCC
Gameranx has a preview of new details about Dark Souls II from SDCC.
Dark Souls 2 is currently set to release early next year. While the first two entries into the series have garnered more of a cult following, this third entry is expected to make a big splash in the mainstream market. As Q1 2014 grows closer, more details come out of the veritable woodwork.
A Reddit user, MkfShard, was present at this year's SDCC. He was able to get his hands on a playable demo of Dark Souls 2, and aggregated some of his thoughts and observations concerning the game here. We've provided some of the highlights below, but for the full list, please click the link.
- Every action feels more weighty, which means you're committing more to each movement.
- During special animations, you're no longer invincible; hopefully this means no more invincibility frames in PvP combat.
- Magic has been expanded, as expected.
- Enemy artificial intelligence has been drastically improved.
- The targeting system is changed.
The full list has details concerning specific parts of the game, including the Mirror Knight, Turtle Knight, new spells and unique items. Considering that this gamer got his or her hands on the game, we're wondering when the SDCC demo will be released to the public. Considering that fans have been clamoring for a taste of the title since its announcement at last year's Video Game Awards, we're hoping that it won't be too long from now.
Information aboutDark Souls II
SP/MP: Single + MP