Underrail - Dev Log #21, Update & Greenlit
A new development update for Underrail is available. The focus of the update is to announce a new build version, and to remind eveyone the game is greenlit.
Okay let's cover the update first. It's currently up on Desura and GamersGate (soon to be available on Groupees website as well). Here's the list of what I've done since the last dev log, also be sure to also check out the previous three dev logs for other stuff that's new in this version.
- Added TNT explosive charge that can be used to clear rocks. Many passages still don't lead anywhere even if you clear them just so you know though
- Did bunch of AI work, enemies can now do the following
- Use more special attacks: kneecap shot, pummel, crippling strike, execute, heavy punch, dirty kick
- Use "yell" special ability
- Use more drugs: adrenaline, morphine
- Throw grenades: frag, HE and flashbang
- Use more special bolts: acid, shock, incendiary
- Use offensive and utility psi abilities
- Kite their target (like psi beetles do)
Here's a summary of what I focused on in this update: I've added a bunch of areas to Lower Underrail (the place where the SGS metro station is). These are just "wilderness" areas right now so there are any new quests, but monsters to fight, traps to step, loot to collect and that sort of stuff. I also add a number of items and blueprints (gloves, riot armor) which should give you more options in building your character, as well as improved the arsenal and the AI of the existing enemies.
In the next couple of weeks I'll mostly focus on Steam integration and fixing some technical issues with the game before I move back to building content.
Release: In development