Frontiers - Delays and a Guest Update
Frontiers has a new post-funding update about delays, and a new guest update.
Delays, Delays, Delays
A lot of you saw this coming, and a lot of you already know via the forums, but it's time to make it official: The Alpha is delayed until mid-October. To quote myself: "The delay is due to some typical development stuff (interface refactoring taking longer than expected) some real-life stuff (a family wedding that I'm on the road for as I type this*) and some unexpected stuff (the departure and replacement of my head writer). No one thing was enough to bog me down but together they've set me a week or two back. These delays may also affect delivery of the remaining kits I had lined up for this month, though I may still pull through with those."
(*Congrats Ken & Carla!)
I'm still keeping the kits listed as September releases on the Backers Calendar just in case I can pull it off but they're looking more and more like an October release.
On the Plus Side
Delays aside, things are going well. Some recent achievements:
- ALL of our side quests are written (a whopping 160+ pages of fun-tastic material)
- Ryan has stepped in to finish the main quest and he's doing great
- Given continues to kick ass on the new terrain
- The official site has gone live (still needs tweaking, but it's coming along)
- As of tonight the interface back end is much more Oculus and Controller friendly
- Other things that are cool but it's time to get to the Guest Update
Guest Update - Erik Dinnel
Lastly, I've asked several people on the team if they'd be interested in contributing a fun story or a unique perspective (a la Steve Barnes' Update of Happiness,) and Erik Dinnel was the first to turn his in - I'd expect no less from the guy who shot and cut both our campaign videos in in a matter of days. I had completely forgotten about both the land sharks and the white 'X' so this was a treat to read - hope you all enjoy!
Release: In development