Graywalkers: Purgatory - A Strategic & Tactical Turn-Based RPG
Well this new kickstarter fell under my radar it's called Graywalkers: Purgatory, and it's asking for $100,000 to get funded.
It's desribed as, "A Emergent Strategic & Tactical Turn-Based RPG set in a Supernatural Post-Apocalyptic World where Heaven & Hell merged with Earth."
I wish them luck as the game sounds good, but the asking price based on other projects is hard to achieve.
Graywalkers: Purgatory is the first in a series of Emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based 3D Role-Playing Game set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven, Hell and Earth have merged together in an event called "The Rupture".
In this game, you play the prophesied leader of the Graywalkers, 36 Hidden Ones who walk the line between the darkness and the light. It is your task to gather them all, unite the the chaotic lands of Purgatory under one banner, and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity. Your actions will affect the economy and politics of this land ravaged by the war between the supernaturals.
The vision for the Graywalkers saga has underlying foundations that will guide it through its development from beginning to end:
- Best of Turn-Based - the game was inspired by some of the best turn-based games we love: the X-Com series, Fallout Series, Jagged Alliance series, the original Wasteland, Baldur's Gate and Arcanum. We've melded the best features we loved from these games and added our own to create a unique but familiar experience.
- Epic Story, Deep Mythos & New Mysterious World - the epic story of Graywalkers spans more than 2000 years of background history, providing a deep and rich world flavored with new takes on old legends and mysteries waiting to be discovered.
- Emergent Gameplay - we wanted to create a game where the player's decisions and actions have the ability to change and affect the world in profound ways.
Community Interaction – one of the reasons for us being here on Kickstarter is to build a community behind this game. We want them to be part of the development of this game as reasonably possible. The game we will build is the game they want to play
- Game Type - It is a 3D 3rd person role-playing game with strategic and tactical elements. You can toggle between Isometric and Perspective views.
- Game Modes - There are 3 possible Game Modes; Campaign is the single-player epic storyline, Freeform is a single player experience where everything is procedurally generated and your measure for success is affected by influence, resources and power. If Stretch goals are reached, we will be adding a Multiplayer Mode which is Team based PVP.
- Distribution - We are targeting on distributing the game on as many digital platforms as we can get on, including hopefully Steam, GOG, Desura and others.
- Current State - The game is in the pre-alpha stage. We have working prototypes for some of the core systems but we still need to build majority of the content. We estimate 14-18 months more of development time.
SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development