Graywalkers: Purgatory - Update #1, First 48 Hours
Dreamlords Digital has a new update for Graywalkers: Purgatory, and it's first 48 hours. It will also answer some of the questions you asked about in the previous news-bit.
Our First 48 Hours
Hello Everyone! To the first batch of Backers, let me take this opportunity to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We were overwhelmed with the support you guys are giving us despite the lack we may have had such as the videos, initial press support and other small but important things.
As everyone knows, we are now at 12% of our target goal after 48 hours. This puts us at a stage wherein we can now be a viable candidate for getting more attention from press and other potential backers. They say the first few days and the last few days are the hardest and now I know why. It has been one of the most stressful experience to launch a kickstarter. But you all have been fantastic and made it all worth it. We have reached our current position faster than we expected and for us, that is indeed a big thing and has now given us a more solid belief that we can indeed do this with your help.
- Updated Video – we have now finally uploaded the video we were planning to post in the beginning. We hope that it is satisfactory. We know it could be better and we would want to make it better with your help. If you could suggest how we could improve the video to appeal more to the backers, please let us know. Be brutal if you need to. Only through truth will we become better. It’s still early in the game and we can still do something about it
- Gameplay Video – we also are working on 2 pure gameplay videos and should be uploaded very soon
- Stretch Goals – I’m not sure if you noticed but we’ve adjusted our stretch goals a bit. We’ve lowered the bar on some of the stretch goals, making them available earlier. We’ve also added the Wii U on the possible platforms to be ported to, based on some suggestions by some backers
- Clarification on Platform - It seems there are some who may be a bit confused as to what platform we will be on. The game will be a PC first platform. Only after the PC version will we port it to the other platforms. We will however take into consideration preparations to make the transition to the other platforms much easier than normal. The closest comparison to what we are trying to achieve would be X-Com's port of their 2012 game to their Ipad version this year. We are porting to Tablets Only! Though we know that the phones can run the game, we don’t think the gameplay experience will be the same on such a small screen.
- Goal for Going Mobile – some people are wondering why we included mobile instead of just pure PC. There are several reasons for this. First is we're on Unity. It's actually more of a lost opportunity if we don't because it is relatively easy to do so. We expand our audience base with less effort. We want as many people to have a chance to play our game without the platform being the reason they don't. Second, we believe this is the way to get the new generation of gamers interested in old-school style of gaming. We're going for the goal that Father and Son will be playing the same game, but on their preferred platform of choice.
SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development