Deathfire - Kickstarter Now Live
Guido Henkel has launched his promised kickstarter for Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore asking for $390,000 to get funded. Here is a recap of the game to get you started.
The Deathfire Vision
“Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore” is a party-based computer role-playing game with turn-based combat that hearkens back to the Golden Era of fantasy cRPGs. Built upon the power of the Unity 3D engine, “Deathfire” utilizes a first person view that gives the player the feeling of being there. A solid role-playing engine that utilizes over forty visible character attributes, along with countless invisible ones to track behavior. They make up the heartbeat of the game, and allow us to analyze and adjust gameplay on the fly, and react to the player’s actions, shaping the story around these actions and decisions.
Character interaction is another key ingredient in “Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore,” as the player will encounter many denizens of the game world and will be able to recruit numerous ones to follow along as non-player characters in the party. Ripe with personality, opinions, phobias and their own little peccadillos, these characters will enrich the game and create unique gameplay twists—as well as many memorable moments, for sure. (Don’t forget to share them with us, when they occur…)
With a variety of large outdoor and indoor environments, the game will offer a rich game setting with party-based gameplay and turn-based combat that allows for tactically infused battles.
Doesn’t that sound like the game you’ve always want to play? Well, it sure is the game we want to play, and that’s why we started building it, and have been working on it for the past eight months.
Key Features In A Nutshell
Just to give you a quick overview of the key specs, here is the game for you in a nutshell
- Single player, first person Party-based play (four player-, plus two non-player characters)
- Six races and eight classes to choose from
- Over 34 unique character traits, plus base attributes
- Party characters interact with each other
- Turn-based combat
- Indoor and outdoor environments
- Complex puzzles and evolving quests
- Combine items to build weapons and traps
- Interactive game world
- Recipe-based crafting and enchanting
- Involving, adaptive storyline with many key players and twists
- Factions for intriguing political set-ups
- Tons of monsters to battle
- Dialogues—yes, you will be in awe at our cool and intelligent dialogue system
- Cheese toast (This is an inside joke for those of you who have played the “Realms of Arkania” trilogy. If you have not, do not worry, “Deathfire” will give you the opportunity to become a member in the ranks of those initiated in the joke.)
Platform: PC, Mac, Linux